Whats a Grendel Hunter?
Came across this place, never heard of them, or Satern barrels but from what I've read so far Satern is GTG. Thanks, GH

[attachment=331]
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
....my 1st 300BLK build in 16" uses a Brownell's barrel which was actually a SATERN barrel. It's been a very good performing tube for the last 8+ years.
I had a grendel hunter in 6.5 grendel a few yrs ago. It was nice but really just a rack barrel, they didn't do the saami chamber but just cut it straight, so it was more of a 6.5 "lbc" style. So one or 2 bullets were good, the others not so much.

As for satern, there are as I recall 2 kinds of satern's, one is a cut rifle barrel and is pretty good, the other is more of a rack grade.
But on the 6Arc, I haven't heard of anyone getting one or reports of it.
Depending on your expectations, it could be worth a shot, personally I'm neutral, on the fence about them.
(12-22-2021, 02:46 AM)grayfox Wrote: I had a grendel hunter in 6.5 grendel a few yrs ago.  It was nice but really just a rack barrel, they didn't do the saami chamber but just cut it straight, so it was more of a 6.5 "lbc" style.  So one or 2 bullets were good, the others not so much.

As for satern, there are as I recall 2 kinds of satern's, one is a cut rifle barrel and is pretty good, the other is more of a rack grade.
But on the 6Arc, I haven't heard of anyone getting one or reports of it.
Depending on your expectations, it could be worth a shot, personally I'm neutral, on the fence about them.

That barrel is a "Liberty" series, and they are button rifling. I didn't see any 6ARC barrels on his website cut or button, just on this Grendel Hunter site. I can only assume Mr Satern is making it for them.

That's all I know at the moment.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM