Need a new bolt. Recommendations
Popgun, that sounds about right. The virgin Starline I converted I originally sized at 1.88", after firing they ranged from a low of 1.193 for the lighter bullets to the highest of 1.195" for the hottest HDY 108 ELDM & Berger 105 VLD, everything in between avg'ed 1.194, including the Nosler 105 RDF's I tested with Lever and W748. I'll be adjusting my sizing die to set shoulder at 1.190 for future loads. I had already tested some by chambering them in the same manner as how Johnny did on his vid where he converted various brass, manually press in BCG until the bolt closed and casing chambered completely. The amount of change on the sizing die was literally only the width of the witness mark made by a Sharpie pen on the die body & lock ring.

Hope your bolt problem resolves, I haven't encountered any with my Ballistic Advantage BCG/bolt after 113 rounds in a single session. I don't know if Aero/BA is manufacturing their own BCG's & bolts or sourcing them from an OEM.
I agree, the Aero bolt is high quality and would buy another if I could find one. As mention before, I think I caused the problem with it by getting a little to aggressive with trying to keep a tight headspace to prolong case life. We're using an Aero BCG in our 6.5 Grendel also with a much higher round count and not one hiccup.
(03-02-2022, 10:52 AM)popgun Wrote: I agree, the Aero bolt is high quality and would buy another if I could find one. As mention before, I think I caused the problem with it by getting a little to aggressive with trying to keep a tight headspace to prolong case life. We're using an Aero BCG in our 6.5 Grendel also with a much higher round count and not one hiccup.

....FWIW, I know it goes without saying but get on the email alert list with Aero & BA for when they come back into stock.  If the complete BCG's come into stock first I'd get one as the price difference between the complete BCG and just bolt really isn't that much if it comes down to an immediate need.

...I have other platforms I can get out and enjoy while I wait for a specific part, I don't care to be playing round robin with various parts I have no experience with that may or may not work as hoped, that can get expensive.  Once I validate a build and decide to keep it I'll start looking to acquire the consumable spares it may require over it's lifetime.  I know that in it's original build state it should last at least 1k-3K of rounds before something needs to be replaced, assuming I don't do something stupid....

...I have one of the LMT 6.8 bolts that went for less than $40 on Brownell's a while back when I was considering the 224V, but that got put on the back burner when reports of difficulty getting easily obtained accuracy started appearing. Those bolts have skyrocketed in price since, unsurprisingly.
The enhanced JP bolts are tough to beat IMO, from features to finish (not to mention reputation). I'm on my second ARC build using Proof CF barrels...another benefit is the proof barrels are headspaced for JP bolts. Wish I could find another JP bolt right now (nobody seems to have them in stock).
(03-09-2022, 05:32 AM)Baz7 Wrote: The enhanced JP bolts are tough to beat IMO, from features to finish (not to mention reputation). I'm on my second ARC build using Proof CF barrels...another benefit is the proof barrels are headspaced for JP bolts. Wish I could find another JP bolt right now (nobody seems to have them in stock).

...Brownell's had them in stock when I checked their site earlier today, to include complete BCG's. 

....Aero has their 6ARC/6.5G BCGs in stock and on sale right now too.
SIXFIVEARMS has released his new bolt, though it does have the original extractor that he had problems with, I now have 4 that I'm using in 4 different manufacturing barrels, ARP - 6.5 GRENDEL, FAXON - 6MM ARC, SIXFIVEARMS - 6MM ARC, and a ALEXANDER - 6.5 GRENDEL. Not one has caused me any cycling or rubbing problems and at $55.00 plus $4.00 shipping I feel it's the very best bolt on the market plus it's in stock what more could you ask?
A wild flower growing up thru the cracks in the sidewalk. - Problem child
(03-14-2022, 06:09 AM)41bear Wrote: SIXFIVEARMS has released his new bolt, though it does have the original extractor that he had problems with, I now have 4 that I'm using in 4 different manufacturing barrels, ARP - 6.5 GRENDEL, FAXON - 6MM ARC, SIXFIVEARMS - 6MM ARC, and a ALEXANDER - 6.5 GRENDEL. Not one has caused me any cycling or rubbing problems and at $55.00 plus $4.00 shipping I feel it's the very best bolt on the market plus it's in stock what more could you ask?

You got your new Monster Ultrabolts already? Mine have been in route from USPS since 3/7. Tracking says delivery is delayed. What's going on? Did the Pony Express rider's horse break a leg? Rolleyes
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Got my jp bolt. I think the tolerance on them is a lot tighter. Some of my reloads were a no go with it but shot fine with the aero bolt.
(03-14-2022, 01:45 PM)Jurive Wrote: Got my jp bolt. I think the tolerance on them is a lot tighter. Some of my reloads were a no go with it but shot fine with the aero bolt.

Yes, the JP bolt I got has about a 2 or 3 thousandths tighter head space than my Aero bolt had. Works fine but I had to bump the shoulders down a little further.
(03-14-2022, 09:46 AM)Old Bob Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 06:09 AM)41bear Wrote: SIXFIVEARMS has released his new bolt, though it does have the original extractor that he had problems with, I now have 4 that I'm using in 4 different manufacturing barrels, ARP - 6.5 GRENDEL, FAXON - 6MM ARC, SIXFIVEARMS - 6MM ARC, and a ALEXANDER - 6.5 GRENDEL. Not one has caused me any cycling or rubbing problems and at $55.00 plus $4.00 shipping I feel it's the very best bolt on the market plus it's in stock what more could you ask?

You got your new Monster Ultrabolts already? Mine have been in route from USPS since 3/7. Tracking says delivery is delayed. What's going on? Did the Pony Express rider's horse break a leg? Rolleyes

My deliveries also were 7/8 days out of his USPS area, I live in S. GA and my first was just like yours. Got a delayed tracking notice and then a day or two later i6t showed up. 
I'm guessing the Pony Express guy would be faster. Huh
A wild flower growing up thru the cracks in the sidewalk. - Problem child
I had to bump all the shoulders on my brass .012. That’s how far my bolt was trashed by time I caught it.
(03-15-2022, 01:38 AM)Jurive Wrote: I had to bump all the shoulders on my brass .012. That’s how far my bolt was trashed by time I caught it.

I guess your bolt was destroyed.
Yeah can’t say for sure what it was either a bad bolt that didn’t get heat treat or what. Maybe hot load or shoulder not pushed back enough or all of the above
update guy jp bolt no issues to date
I had the Aero bolt and it had extraction issues with factory or handliads. I have the CMC 6 ARC, Rubber City 6.5 Grendel, and JP Bolts. All these have zero issues.
I HOPE the SixFive Outfitters Monster bolt is as good as advertised. I have one waiting for a barrel that was backordered.