AICS magazines for 6arc
I have tried 2, the MDT 5 rnd. 308 and their 8 rnd. Valkyrie. The Valkyrie was a failure and unusable. I took a dremel tool to the lips but went a bit too far and the mag will not keep more than 1 rnd down. It is now my single feed mag and works as I can easily push in a rnd into the mag through the receiver. I had to do a little tuning on the 308 and it is working nicely but a proper 6 arc would be better. Looking for any info on aics mags for the arc.
I got an email from Mdt yesterday about a 6mmBR mag they have... apparently I bought one a while ago (where is it IDK). Anyway they were saying they have a spring and follower fix for some problems it has...
Not a 6mmBR knowledgable guy but I wonder if that would be the closest thing for the 6Arc... maybe with that fix also in place...
might contact them to see I guess.
I got the MDT email on the metal mag fix and did reply about any mags they have that would work and sent me to the MDT 6 arc that said no magazines available at this time, go figure. After searching WWW magazines appear to be a universal issue with the aics in the arc but not so much with the AR mags. In time this will sort out and for now the 308 box is working.
I ordered the MDT 6 ARC 12-rounders and a 10-round magazines direct from MDT, they feed great but the problem is they hold one less round than advertised. (11 in 12-rounder and 9 in 10-rounder). I'm going to contact MDT and see if they have a fix. Not a huge deal-breaker but it'd be nice to run 12 round mag. stages in matches without that single round "reload".
MDT replied (replied quickly, to their credit) and said the mainspring needs to be worked pretty hard and it'll allow the extra rounds. 

I took some empty cases, filled the mags. up, and forced the second from the last round down with a blunt edge and cranked (and I mean FORCED IT HARD) the last round in there. Going to let them sit for a few weeks as I know there's no way that first round coming off the top is going to be smooth at that pressure. 

So bottom line for me is: 1) MDT mags. feed the 6 ARC round great, 2) mainspring needs to be compressed to take the force off it to get a smooth first round chambering.
Hate to suggest it, but (as I do for AR mags in my 6Arc), if it's a coil spring, what about trimming a coil off?
(05-11-2022, 12:42 PM)grayfox Wrote: Hate to suggest it, but (as I do for AR mags in my 6Arc), if it's a coil spring, what about trimming a coil off?
I just a little hesitant to try that since these things cost so much!  Big Grin
I’ve run into an issue with the 10 and 12 round metal Aics MDT Mags the setup is a Curtis custom Valor sitting in a MDT ACC chassis, neither the 10 or 12 round mags will feed correctly the rounds appear to be diving and will not line up with the chamber. 

On another forum someone suggested using the Valkyrie mags I bought two and they work without issue. 

I have tried adjusting the feed lips on the metal mags with no luck they still malfunction.

I have contacted MDT I doubt there will be a solution given they don’t have anything in stock.
I have two MDT metal AICS mags they are the ten rounders. They have a plastic floor plate that has Savage embossed on them, it looks like the floor plate extends the mag a little bit. I can easily get ten rounds in them.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I bought the polymer MDT 8 round Valkyrie mag for my Savage 110 Tactical, and it works perfectly with just a smidge of polishing on the bottom of the lips.

Added benefit is that it fits much nicer than the 10 round steel MDT mag. No rattle, no clacking.

I’ve only loaded 5 rounds in the polymer mag, I need to see how many it will actually hold. I guess I need to pick up a couple more as well, at $30 less per mag than the steel ones it is a bargain.