Aero's new BA entry
....looks like Aero entering the bolt market.  Have to admit my interest is now piqued, especially if the pricing follows what their AR products currently do....

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/thr...st-9969001
(01-19-2022, 03:07 AM)r.tenorio671 Wrote: ....looks like Aero entering the bolt market.  Have to admit my interest is now piqued, especially if the pricing follows what their AR products currently do....

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/thr...st-9969001
And even more if their bolt rifle comes in 6mm ARC  Smile
I don't really get it. I would think a big market for them would be gas gunners crossing over. Gas gunners wrap their support side thumb around the handguard, and the barrel is completely exposed. I would have thought they might have done something along the lines of the JP MR-19 at an Aero price point.
#FJB
(01-24-2022, 08:29 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: I don't really get it. I would think a big market for them would be gas gunners crossing over. Gas gunners wrap their support side thumb around the handguard, and the barrel is completely exposed. I would have thought they might have done something along the lines of the JP MR-19 at an Aero price point.
 I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure they have a night vision/thermal bridge option that will enclose the rail. It may have been on their IG or a post somewhere I saw mention of it. Even the die hard bolt guys are migrating in that direction of enclosed rails now.
(01-25-2022, 11:11 PM)Thelaststraw Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 08:29 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: I don't really get it. I would think a big market for them would be gas gunners crossing over. Gas gunners wrap their support side thumb around the handguard, and the barrel is completely exposed. I would have thought they might have done something along the lines of the JP MR-19 at an Aero price point.
 I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure they have a night vision/thermal bridge option that will enclose the rail. It may have been on their IG or a post somewhere I saw mention of it. Even the die hard bolt guys are migrating in that direction of enclosed rails now.

....during the TFB interview @SHOT with the Aero rep, rep indicated that have a bridge accessory for the new SABR.
Thanks for confirmation. I hate spreading bad info, I was sure enough to say but not positive. They didn't just decide to do this a month or two ago. I'm sure they have been watching market trends in hunting, practical shooting and general range fun buyers. Plus they still have a long way to go before they hit retail side of things.
Aero has grown on me the past few years. I've been ready to buy a Seekins set a few times and have never been able to get the specific receivers. I also doubt I would get much more from a much higher priced set than my M4E1 enhanced sets give me in all honesty.
(01-26-2022, 10:53 AM)Thelaststraw Wrote: Thanks for confirmation. I hate spreading bad info, I was sure enough to say but not positive. They didn't just decide to do this a month or two ago. I'm sure they have been watching market trends in hunting, practical shooting and general range fun buyers. Plus they still have a long way to go before they hit retail side of things.
Aero has grown on me the past few years. I've been ready to buy a Seekins set a few times and have never been able to get the specific receivers. I also doubt I would get much more from a much higher priced set than my M4E1 enhanced sets give me in all honesty.

....I tend to agree.  In many cases  the differences are cosmetic. Some have enhanced features like ambi controls (mag, bcg release) QD port, etc.  Some  claim increased rigidity for better accuracy.  In the end though, it comes down to the individual user to just how much they gain from those differences.
I learned a new word in boltspeak: "bridge". Thanks! This is a pretty comprehensive video  https://youtu.be/hHORk5Srd0k

Interesting that they are encouraging DIY. One of the reasons I've stayed away from precision bolt guns is the need for a gunsmith and the demeanor that comes with it. Its hard enough to find the barrel you want these days without having to find a gunsmith to install it once you do. And if your shooting a few hundred rounds a month through barrels that last 2-3k rounds, that can get tedious. This could be a gamechanger for sure. I expect to hear a lot of poopooing from certain parts of the industry.

Note: the main reason I don't shoot a bolt gun is the need to use that bolt thingie between every shot. Correction - the need to remember to use it.
#FJB