New Russian Rival to 6mm ARC?
Russia has been tossing around a 6mm military cartridge for decades and has apparently circled back to it, yet again. Kalashnikov announced on December 14, 2023, a 6.02 x 41 cartridge.

Yet another fat case, sleek bullet design concept pioneered by the 6.5 Grendel and further evolved by the 6mm ARC.

Anyway, you think Russian military will officially adopt Kalashnikov's new cartridge? Looks like it's a 6mm ARC-ski.  Cool

Attached Files Image(s)

:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
It’s the way of the world. Why reinvent the wheel. They will likely optimize for use in steel case machine guns.
Looks like the case is longer than than 6.5 grendel by a bit over 2mm (.080") I'd dare say the 6mm ARC has been super sized. Not sure what to think of the shoulder angle. Looks like a promising cartridge that I'd prefer not to see in the Russian military line up. So yes I expect to see this adopted.

In all likelihood the cartridge will not see its full potential in that environment.
Maybe this will push the US military to adopt the 6mm ARC!
Basically, a 103 bthp with bc of 0.475.
Worked it out with my Strelok.
Ironic, using a banned Russian app to figure it out, lol!
Looks more like a 6 Max with a deeper throat than a 6 ARC from the picture
#FJB
Not much info about it out there. By the dimensions the closest round would be something like the 6-6,8SPC. There is slightly more taper with shallower shoulder angle for easier extraction, which makes sense for a military cartridge. Of course, with Russia being stuck in the middle of a shooting war, I doubt they would be keen on adopting a whole new firearm system.
I am your uncle!
Seems to me that much of the current battle field equates to 6.02 x 41 vs drone or mortar, which really marginalizes the advantage of the round & platform.
(12-19-2023, 03:44 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Seems to me that much of the current battle field equates to 6.02 x 41 vs drone or mortar, which really marginalizes the advantage of the round & platform.

The interesting thing to think about, for me, is most western combat is done via combined arms …. artillery, tanks, aircraft, drones and infantry working together.  But imagine a prolonged war where attrition has taken its toll. The combined arms approach, then, starts to fail and the infantry is left in some instances to fite(sic) by itself. In that scenario, the rifleman with the biggest reach will have the advantage … as was seen in Afganistan at times.
TFB has a recent article on this new booger...
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2024...mini-svch/

Posting it here for 6Arc guys' info.