Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDT Creates 6mm ARC Magazines
Best known for their drop-in chassis systems, MDT (Modular Driven Technologies) has created metal double-stack-to-single-feed magazines for 6mmARC/6.5 Grendel bolt actions. Take a look on their website HERE.

MDT makes a chassis for the Howa Mini Bolt Action, currently chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

Howa says they're gonna chamber the MBA in 6mmARC, so these magazines will find a home.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Should be a good one! Price is a tad high however.
This mag would fix the feed problems I've seen in trying to put the ruger RAP-22" grendel into their chassis. MDT has a specific one that takes the AR mag but those had lots of feeding troubles.
Would also allow a ruger 6 Arc in 22" to work for us.....
As for howa's of course this way you could avoid the howa mini-mags... which have worked for me but others don't like them.

hmmm, the possibilities!!
I am using the .308 magazine in my Oryx/Savage 6 Arc and it works but a mag designed for the Arc is what I am waiting for. Momentum is increasing for the Arc and there will be more choices in the next year for all things Arc.
From what I read, the new mags are AICS type, so no fix for standard mag type firearms. Note 2.400" COAL capability.
(02-07-2022, 08:37 PM)Lemonaid Wrote: From what I read, the new mags are AICS type, so no fix for standard mag type firearms. Note 2.400" COAL capability.

Lemon i just ordered 2# Power Pro 2000 MR at Midway. Thought you might want to know.
Let us know how PP 2000 MR works. I thought Lever was my goto powder but I'm still undecided.
(02-08-2022, 08:05 PM)Lemonaid Wrote: Let us know how PP 2000 MR works.  I thought Lever was my goto powder but I'm still undecided.

...after my very limited testing with W748 on the Nosler 105RDF's, I was surprised at the positive results obtained when comparing the LVR results for the same bullet, especially when considering having used approximately 2 grains less in charge weight.  IF I had more 748 I would take another look at that as I like 748 as it allows me to use it across the multiple calibers I load for, the same reason I use 8208XBR and AR-Comp. 

...early Hornady data did not include 748 in their load data, Hodgdon's recent online load center does and it's listed right along with all LVR datasets, albeit giving a slight lower FPS.  After my  recent first experiences with LVR and how "dirty" it is, I'm somewhat thinking I may have jumped the gun on acquiring 9 lbs. of it....but it was available when everything else wasn't so it is what it is. <shrug>

...as 6ARC gains in popularity I suspect we will see more powder options available as companies test it more.  The 6ARC may have had it's beginnings in a DoD initiative, but it's potential in the sporting and hunting arenas is becoming more apparent....fortunately.
I have less than 1/2# of 748 and am looking for another #. Accuracy for me is excellent with 748 although velocity is definitely below Lever and some others. Being a new cartridge the 6ARC data is not near complete and knowledge about powders that work is growing for us loaders. I have some 2460 I am going to test for 90 to 100 gr. bullets. I am looking forward to trying the 2000MR when I get it. At this point I have used 748, H322, CFE223, AA MR 223 (now known as 2230). I will be trying H414, 2460, 2000MR, Lever and W760. I intend to post an overall view of each of the powders I try and will do this sometime by this summer. The loads posted on thus site have been very informative and useful for me so thanks to all for sharing.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i...owder-1-lb

Mid south has your 748 in stock.

Looks like midwayusa has it in stock too
Midway free ship code & 106 gr .243 polymer tip like TAP? 1 time factory 2nds buy may be of interest.

freeship02142022

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021831413?pid=895584
(02-14-2022, 09:17 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Midway free ship code & 106 gr .243 polymer tip like TAP? 1 time factory 2nds buy may be of interest.

freeship02142022

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021831413?pid=895584
I just got some of these this last week. They're definitely seconds as the copper jackets are well tarnished. Their tips are Hornady red. I suspect these are the bullets Hornady uses in their LE 6mm ARC TAP ammo.

https://www.hornadyle.com/6mmARC#!/
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
OLD Bob: Have you fired any yet? I am curious to fire these into a series of water jugs or ballistic jell to see how they hold together. May be a good candidate for HBN coating.
(02-14-2022, 10:58 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: OLD Bob: Have you fired any yet? I am curious to fire these into a series of water jugs or ballistic jell to see how they hold together. May be a good candidate for HBN coating.
Not yet. Haven't done any reloading lately but plan to soon. I have some 6.5 Grendel ammo I need to put together as well. Don't know when I'll get around to 6 ARC.

Learning something new all the time. Had never heard of hBn coating so I googled it. Don't know if I'll try it but it does pique my interest.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal