Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new project going
got a new project im working on 

7 rsaum on an ar10 platform it was originally supposed to be a 300 wsm or rsaum but lack of components killed that rather quickly 
mcgowen is doing the barrel for me somewere in the 28-30" range, +3 gas system, with a fast for caliber twist rate for launching the long n heavy high bc projectiles , going to build this on a billet upper and lower set with a kak high pressure magnum face bolt 

things should get interesting with this one

as usual im sure ill be tempted to take this thing varmint/predator hunting as well atleast once as i fully expect this rifle to come in around 30+ pounds

the original goal was to build a full magnum sized ar10 but no one will sell u just the receiver sets anymore , instead they now wanna sell u a whole very high priced rifle so this is the next best thing i could come up with
30 lbs, wow. sounds like a cannon, or maybe a field howitzer Smile.
I started up a 300 ham'r project, kind of like a 300 BO-super.
No hogs around here thank the Lord but it should be a good little 125-150 yd rifle.
Using 110 and 125 grain bullets.
my 24" target creed on the ar10 platform wieghs in at just shy of 23 pounds with scope, bipod and a loaded 15 rd mag so im expecting this to wiegh in a bit more then it specially with some beefier parts and longer non fluted barrel , this is actually going to replace my creed build