103gr ELD-X 550yd
Thought I share this 4 shot group I shot at 500m last weekend with my Howa Mini 6mm ARC in the factory stock.   I had freshly annealed my Hornady brass and loaded up a bunch of 103gr ELD-X with 30.4gr of LVR.

I'd already developed this load and shot some pretty good groups at closer distances and this was my 3rd trip to the range where I have been practicing with the wind at 500m  (550yd)

Today we had a varying tail wind of 4-8mph and to start a session I thought Id throw 4 down range.  Now there are 12 yellow plates of varying sizes and I chose to try and centre hit the 300x300mm plate after dialling in 9 MOA,  after firing 2 rounds a fellow range user thought he would spoil my group with his hard hitting TIKKA CTR 6.5 CM,   as you can see my group went small his went big LOL.

Quite a noticeable diff in damage on the plate,  normal range etiquette is you don't shoot someone else's plate as there are plenty of plates and they get repainted every 30 mins. 4 shots 0.261 MOA

Attached Files Image(s)

...NICE !!!
That's outstanding -- and inspiring! Thanks for the post.
That is some great shooting Bill, congrats.

I’ve been impressed with the grouping of the ELD-X bullet in the factory loads. My groups are well under moa at 100 and 200 yards. Sadly, there is no convenient to me range with greater than 200 yards.
(03-25-2022, 02:49 AM)SBRSarge Wrote: That is some great shooting Bill, congrats.

I’ve been impressed with the grouping of the ELD-X bullet in the factory loads. My groups are well under moa at 100 and 200 yards. Sadly, there is no convenient to me range with greater than 200 yards.

Thanks guys, they are the only decent heavy targetish bullets I can find anymore.  I just located 3 more boxes of 103gr ELD-X's today so I'll be grabbing them next week.

SBR Sarge I have perserved with the ELD-X cause Ive got no choice LOL damn fine round and best bit they are giving up very little to the 105/108s at longer distances cause Im getting some good speed.  Next step is to take em out to 800m (880yds)

She aint a flash rig, Meopta 4.5-14 HTR

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Bill,

She don’t have to look flashy, she just got to shoot well. And it sounds like she does!
Nice. Did you pop a couple of primers?
Hey popgun not with this load, but yeah I did pop some primers back in January when the range hit 102 lol. Managed to push some 90gr to 3160fps

theyre just empty deprimed cases in the box, I weight batched my 150 cases, these are the lightest 50 cases.

I just didnt load up 50 rounds as I didn't want to burn thru my limited ELD-X's
(03-29-2022, 08:44 AM)Bill Wrote: Hey popgun not with this load, but yeah I did pop some primers back in January when the range hit 102 lol.  Managed to push some 90gr to 3160fps

theyre just empty deprimed cases in the box,  I weight batched my 150 cases, these are the lightest 50 cases. 

I just didnt load up 50 rounds as I didn't want to burn thru my limited ELD-X's
The 103s are in stock at Bruno’s.

https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/mercha..._Code=6160