IMR 4166
Rob's reloading initial testing of IMR 4166 and Hornady 105's.  It looks promising.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRidhQdnIpk
About the remarks in video concerning the unusual case head markings & a possible crack: I have two different lots (200 cases in each lot) of new Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass. One lot seems to be clear of any defects in its case heads... no unusual weird lines, wrinkles or cracks around the head stamp. The other lot does have some weird markings where the head stamps are. These markings appear to be embossed into the brass the same as the case ID head stamp. My guess is, when these cases were stamped, there was some brass debris in the stamping machine. When stamped, the debris outline was embossed into the case rim along with the cartridge ID. In a couple of cases, this debris was still present & pressed into the case rim. Those bits of debris were easily cleared from the case with the tip of an X-ACTO knife. I tried to take some photos of these markings but couldn't get a picture with enough clarity to show them.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
That one case with the "issue" in the final 5 rounds... maybe that was the 2600 one. There does appear to be a gray smear near where he says there's a crack...
Much more interesting results than I expected. 4166 is faster than varget, around I-4064 but smaller grains... if I recall without looking into my jar of 4166.
It's a possible.
He seated them 10 thou off his lands.
Im intrested in the use of this and 8208 in the ARC.
Id assumed that these powders might be a little fast burning, but i need to keep reminding myself that ARC isnt 223, and the volume increases in the bore a bit faster.
You know I was loading up some 100 Tgk's for some initial shooting tests on them, and was going to load a ladder of 4166....... Buuuutttttttt... I had second thoughts when looking at the grain size inside the case - much too full for my initial grains. So I swapped over to Varget for that ladder.
I had been waiting on these 100 tgk's, so now they're in stock I'm going to give them a whirl.