Nosler 115gr RDF
Has anyone tried these? Shooters Pro Shop has blems for 28¢ per. Not going to be fast, but G7 is .312 which bests the 105 by >10%.
#FJB
116 views and no responses can only mean one thing. We've got lurkers!
#FJB
Two things... lurkers & no one has used those bullets. Didn't know of them until this thread.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
...if anything I think they are better suited to bolt actions vs gassers. To push them at a speed to utilize their BC would most likely be above the 52K gassers are safe at.
(04-16-2022, 01:55 PM)r.tenorio671 Wrote: ...if anything I think they are better suited to bolt actions vs gassers. To push them at a speed to utilize their BC would most likely be above the 52K gassers are safe at.
Think you are on to something here. The Bolt actions will frequently have more seating depth leeway as well. Then not all that many 6mm fast twist options out there yet. 6mm arc is defiantly leaving room to be desired in the boiler room for this one IMHO.

Suspect the guys shooting steel at distance may prefer a more explosive bullet as well. When they do miss, the plastic tipped bullets seem to offer more splash signature so one has more than a vapor trail to go on to evaluate hold.

1st I have noticed these & they still have appeal for distance. Only problem for me is I have no place to shoot that exceeds 300 yards without a serious drive.

I do look forward to reports.
(04-16-2022, 12:01 PM)Old Bob Wrote: Two things... lurkers & no one has used those bullets. Didn't know of them until this thread.

Maybe a lurker has tried them!
#FJB
(04-16-2022, 04:41 PM)StoneHendge Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 12:01 PM)Old Bob Wrote: Two things... lurkers & no one has used those bullets. Didn't know of them until this thread.

Maybe a lurker has tried them!

Hopefully, that lurker will sign up & share their experiences. It might not be useful to everyone, but if just one reader on here benefits from that info, it's golden!
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
...not really sure, but isn't the 6BRA one of the "closest" to 6ARC cartridge? I imagine that the crowd shooting cartridges similar to the 6ARC is where experiences will be show up first, especially as the warmer seasons roll in.
Had been curious about this bullet, so I ordered 100. Glad I have the Hornady OAL gauge.
r.tenorio671 I think 6 PPC is the closest to 6 ARC.
I think the 115 RDF would be to long to get to work well in a platform that uses AR magazine. That brings down the number of people that would be able to use it and even at that it might take up to much precocious case capacity.
(04-19-2022, 12:26 PM)Newmexican Wrote: Had been curious about this bullet, so I ordered 100. Glad I have the Hornady OAL gauge.

Awesome - I look forward to seeing measurements and results! What powders are you going to try?

(04-19-2022, 09:26 PM)popgun Wrote: r.tenorio671 I think 6 PPC is the closest to 6 ARC.
I think the 115 RDF would be to long to get to work well in a platform that uses AR magazine. That brings down the number of people that would be able to use it and even at that it might take up to much precocious case capacity.
The point here isn't to find the match load with the longest legs that's going to outperform a 109 Berger, etc. They're 28¢. It just needs to outperform a 105 Hornady HPBT  at that price point. Which shouldn't be hard to do from an accuracy standpoint
#FJB
...@28 cents a pop that's a good enough reason to experiment with them, a single box of 100 at least.

Just ran a cursory JBM prediction on them using JBM's default parameters only plugging in the FPS numbers. If one can SAFELY get them to 2400FPS=1100yds, 2500FPS=1200yds and 2600FPS=1300yds before they go trans-sonic.

Length wise, they are about equal to the Berger 115's , both in the 1.3xx" range (per JBM "Lengths" listing). Most of the 105 class from the majority of brands are in the 1.2xx" range.
Stonehenge, the only powders I have at hand that even show up on the Hornady 108-110-grain data are H-4895, Varget and LVR, with the first two falling back down the velocity list. Will probably try 28.5 grains of LVR, see how that works, then tiptoe up a couple of 0.3 grain increments.
Here are some of the examples of some of the bullets I load. pictures didn't turn out so well, and if you need some measurement I can do that as well. I really like the 105 Hornady and the 109 Long Range Hybris' I shot the Hybrids out to a mile, after walking the gun up the hill and I got my zero I was making hits. I had a couple guys scratching their heads, they told me it would never reach the target. One guy tried to tell me he could do that with his Grendel... I laughed and said the bullet would hit the ground and maybe roll into the target.

LEFT to RIGHT

115 Berger HPBT

109 Berger Long Range Hybrid Target

108 Hornady ELDM

105 Hornady HPBT

100 Sierra Ballistic Tip

I'm going to try the mile again this year so I can get my patch.

100 Hornady Interlock

95 Sierra        
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Dino, Sounds like your experience w the Berger 115 may be more limited for one reason or another? Care to expand on your experience or lack thereof with the Berger 115's? my guess is if you have CFE 223 or Leverevolutin, these two propellants may be preferential for the 6mm ARC case.
It's hard to tell from Dino's picture, but although it's longer, it looks like the ogive is farther from the base and that it might not have too much jump. Would of course take up case capacity though. But again, not necessary looking for the longest range bullet - just a 28¢ bullet that works.
#FJB
(04-21-2022, 12:27 AM)StoneHendge Wrote: It's hard to tell from Dino's picture, but although it's longer, it looks like the ogive is farther from the base and that it might not have too much jump. Would of course take up case capacity though. But again, not necessary looking for the longest range bullet - just a 28¢ bullet that works.
 That works can mean a lot of things for different folks. An .18¢ prvi-partizan 100 grain .242 bullet may be of interest as well at powder valley.
I didn't have any problems with the 115's. I was talking to an expert long range shooter about how I should load these bullets and his suggestion was to use the 109's. Told me he was using them in a custom 6 Creedmore with great success.

Although the 115 bullet was a little challenging to load both with powder weight and OAL, but they did fit the bore proper and were not compressed. But i;m sure it was close. They did sub MOA and I was ringing a 10" plate at 600 yards. After I found the recipe they were pretty damn good. I only had a couple 100 of the 115's and had 1200 of the 109's to play with.

Here are some better pictures of them to show the difference in length. I should of included Nossler 105 RDF, it one of my favorites

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Dino, were your running CFE223 or LVR under those Berger 115s?
I was running LVR, and in my bolt gun.

I measure my reloads to CBTO, these secant style bullets are long and narrow. If you look closely at the olgive on the bullet they are all pretty much in line with each other. That allows me to load to CBTO and stay off the lands. but the narrow area above the olgive protrudes into the barrel deeper but does not touch the rifeling. I was very hesitant at first but blueprinted the chamber very carefully with these. Hornady say's you can only go to 110 grain. But their bullets are fatter above the olgive. Nosler and Berger are narrow.

I was part of the deal with the 105's that were loaded to long and actually worked with Tim an engineer at Hornady with this issue. The barrel I had was an Odin Works and was one of the first ones they built. Hornady sent Odin the wrong reamer, it was not a production reamer used to make a lot of barrels with. It was a precision reamer a custom Gunsmith would use in their shop. I did not know their was a difference. Odin wanted me to send it back so they could recut the chamber, I opted to keep it and try it out. It shoots .5 MOA all day long, and thats pretty good for a gas gun.