6mm creedmoor vs 6mm ARC in bolt action
Currently 6mm ARC ammo is harder to come by than 6mm Creedmoor. In a bolt action The 6 Creedmoor rifle is easier to come by in good rifles. Why would a guy opt for the ARC over the Creedmoor in a bolt action?
Because a real avid shooter loads his own ammo for various reasons.

I am heading to the range to fireform 250 converted Grendel brass today. These cases will be used to load precision Bolt action loads this summer. I am also going to collect data on how much a converted case grows in the chamber on the first firing. This is to find out if it totally conforms to the chamber the first time, and to get the measurements to bump the shoulders back minimally the next time around for each chamber of my rifles.

You are comparing two separate platforms in your analysis. But I guess if you are just bench shooting to punch holes in paper it does not matter. Creedmore is a fine cartridge, but not as economical as the ARC, the economics of the ARC cartridge is one of the reasons I choose this round to be my playground in the shooting hobby.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Both Cartridges have real advantages & disadvantages.

For me it boils down to I prefer a Mini bolt action rifle.

Also prefer to burn 25% less propellant

Do not mind less recoil

The little 6mm ARC is performing beyond expectations when visually comparing cartridges initially.
Your point about rifle availability is a valid point. I love my Uintah rifle it shoots beyond my expectations for what it is. But I am in the market for another bolt action and am patiently waiting on Howa to release their mini action. I have a rifle being built for me right now, a Badrock but it is going to be late summer before I see it. I waited to long to get the order in, but was trying to do my home work with it before ordering. Not much info out there on them.

It won't be long before we start seeing all kinds of different rifles coming to market, I believe before summer arrives their will be a couple more viable options available.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
My take on this is, why opt for 1 when you can have both?
I like shooting both of them.
(05-14-2022, 03:10 PM)grayfox Wrote: My take on this is, why opt for 1 when you can have both?
I like shooting both of them.

Now that is just over simplifying this discussion Wink Suppose I to have been kicking this around. Reality for me 1 rifle really does all I need. So why do I have many more?
like most of us...
becuz you can... Smile

Actually one other reason I have been in the game like this is, in case one source/caliber dries up...
And that is so much more true now even than back when I started.

2 is 1.
1 is none.

In my line of work the mantra has always been, independence, diversity, redundancy, reliability of safety systems.
A shorter action and longer barrel life. Offset by a wide selection of available high end 6CM brass. Peterson, Alpha, Lapua, etc. And max velocity can be achieved with stick powders in CM.

I personally don't understand the interest in ARC in bolt guns for reloaders with 6BR and the Dashers, dancers and prancer's already out there
#FJB
...the idea of a 6ARC bolt platform is always lurking in the back of my mind....which intrigues me as I always preferred semis based on a MIL issue platform. I just need to get smarter on the bolt world before I make any commitment. Like I do with my semi's, rifle & pistol, parts availability, large aftermarket support and readily available reloading components/ammo will need to factor into whatever I decide on. It would also be nice if it's a platform that allows me to relatively swap barrels on my own...the actions that can take Savage/Remage barrel nuts is high in my consideration.

....but that back of the mind tickling just lingers and lingers....
Available components is why the 6mm ARC makes sense, well that was the theory prior to Covid. BR GT Dasher all fine established cartridges but Brass and no factory rifle availability shows there limited appeal. With Howa releasing the ARC as predicted it will have a decent following and should easily over take the Grendel in popularity

A creedmore makes sense until you realize that that its not really taken off like the 6.5.

Accurate barrel life, 6mm ARC will kill it the Creedmoor with less recoil and fuss.
Bill, Appreciate your input. For the sake of discussion, why do you believe that the ARC will overtake the Grendel? Grendel is a great cartridge, is the 6mm ARC that much better?
For all the reasons mentioned is why I went with a 6x47 Lapua for a bolt gun. It's a good compromise in efficiency (a 105 going 2970fps w/34.8gr of Varget) good barrel life plus way easier on the brass. which is also much easier to find than 6 ARC or grendel. But for some odd reason I would still like to build a 6 ARC from a rebarreled 6.5 gendel ruger american. Big Grin
(05-14-2022, 03:28 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Currently 6mm ARC ammo is harder to come by than 6mm Creedmoor. In a bolt action The 6 Creedmoor rifle is easier to come by in good rifles. Why would a guy opt for the ARC over the Creedmoor in a bolt action?
For me because I have a cz527 I can convert enough said

But because 6mm arc is currently $34.95 per box and 6mm CM is $31.50 there is not enough cost difference to worry about  since I don't reload yet . The 6mm CM at 300yds is 2514 and 1446 and 6mm ARC is 2288-1197. I don't shoot past 300 and dead is dead
and finally they both come in Hornaday 103gr ELD-X which works for me in either one

I am really looking forward to getting my cz527 with 6mm ARC barrel out for deer this year
(06-13-2022, 04:42 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 03:28 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Currently 6mm ARC ammo is harder to come by than 6mm Creedmoor. In a bolt action The 6 Creedmoor rifle is easier to come by in good rifles. Why would a guy opt for the ARC over the Creedmoor in a bolt action?

But because 6mm arc is currently $34.95 per box and 6mm CM is $31.50 there is not enough cost difference to worry about  since I don't reload yet . The 6mm CM at 300yds is 2514 and 1446 and 6mm ARC is 2288-1197. I don't shoot past 300 and dead is dead
and finally they both come in Hornaday 103gr ELD-X which works for me in either one

I am really looking forward to getting my cz527 with 6mm ARC barrel out for deer this year

Keep us posted on how that CZ performs for you! Hope you like it as much as I do my 22" barrel. If by chance you are not liking it I may know someone that would  take it off your hands Tongue
(06-15-2022, 12:05 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 04:42 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:

Keep us posted on how that CZ performs for you! Hope you like it as much as I do my 22" barrel. If by chance you are not liking it I may know someone that would  take it off your hands Tongue
I think not  Big Grin After being on here, talking with several stock makers, with CZ and a lot of time spent with Pac-Nor (love those guys) on what I was going to do with it and how I wanted to be able to use existing stock , I think this little gun will move to first place and my CZ557 6.5 CM will be backup. I always just bought and shot before, never realized how much went into learning and planning a project. Now this will be my gun planned by me to fit what I plan on doing . The Kids can worry about who gets it after I'm gone. 
By the way , I have already picked up Hornady Eld-X hunting rounds and have on hand when the time to shoot gets here.  I'll save the brass.
(06-19-2022, 01:12 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote: By the way , I have already picked up Hornady Eld-X hunting rounds and have on hand when the time to shoot gets here.  I'll save the brass.

Perhaps we will have another reloader in our midst in time?
(06-19-2022, 04:19 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 01:12 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote: By the way , I have already picked up Hornady Eld-X hunting rounds and have on hand when the time to shoot gets here.  I'll save the brass.

Perhaps we will have another reloader in our midst in time?
I would love to see Hornady come out with the Superformance round in the 6mm ARC with maybe an increase  at 300yds from 2288 to maybe 2388 and energy from 1197 to around 1297.  In the 6.5 Creedmoor that is about what is seen between the 6.5 outfitter round and the 6.5 Cm 120 gr. Superformance both use a 120 gr 
If not I would be open to trying to reload and match the Superformance difference in a 6mm ARC
I shot all my deer this year with the 6.5 CM in the 120gr Superformance and was very happy with how the round worked for me.
But would love that little extra in the 6mm ARC
Perhaps, someday. As the 6mm ARC factory load is loaded for the lower pressure AR platform. If they offered a plus plus P (plus pressure) for bolt action rifles, another 100fps should be in reach.

Lawyers likely encourage Hornady to leave the plus P bolt action loads off the table from a liability standpoint. As the plus p loads would fit in a AR platform rifle just fine. Though the AR bolt would fail premature with the heavier pressure bolt action loads.
Amazingly a reloader is challenged to surpass velocities over factory loads in much of a meaningful way when loading for the higher pressure bolt action rifles. I am confident Hornady has access to components that would best the propellants commercially available to us reloader's.