95 VLD with AR Comp
Hey guys, I just started playing with Berger 95 VLD target bullets and Varget in my 24" AR15, and after venturing about .5gr above Hornady's 95gr gas gun data(super short bearing surface on the VLD, thought it'd be okay, showed no pressure signs). I'm not getting the velocity I'm looking for.  I have some N140 and AR Comp that I'm wanting to try since I've found better velocity in .308 and .223 with them vs Varget. I can't seem to find much of any info the way of load data for AR Comp in the 6mm ARC. Anybody have any experience with AR Comp/95gr in 6ARC?
I have not personally used either one in the 6Arc, in fact never on anything with any VV powders...
However, Berger has a pdf of recommendations and both powders are listed.
Edit to add: They do state that these loads are from their Quickload, not from real MV testing. And start low, work up.

I would think that ARcomp is a little fast for this cartridge, since it is faster than RE15, which is where it came from basically (according to Alliant).
But anyway...
For ARcomp Berger lists (their data is for 18" barrel) 23.8 - 25.1 (92% fill)
For N140 25.8 - 27.2 100% fill.
The ARcomp has a faster listed MV at its max, 2556.
use at own risk of course.
...here is the PDF file that grayfox was referring to, also has their recommendations for the 105VLD...

Attached Files
.pdf   Berger_Recs.pdf (Size: 446.31 KB / Downloads: 73)
Here's a thread with some real world results with 105s and AR Comp https://6mmarc.com/showthread.php?tid=507
#FJB
Thanks, that gives me a starting point for 95's and 105's. Anyone else playing with AR Comp in the 6 ARC?
(05-25-2022, 10:46 PM)IALoder Wrote: Thanks, that gives me a starting point for 95's and 105's.  Anyone else playing with AR Comp in the 6 ARC?

Please let us know your results be they good or bad.
#FJB
(05-26-2022, 10:28 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Please let us know your results be they good or bad.

Will do!  I have a feeling it will do well with the 95's.  It may be a little while, but it's next on the reloading list.
I've seen quite a bit of LVR for sale lately. Doesn't it work well with the 95 grainers?
(05-29-2022, 02:16 AM)popgun Wrote: I've seen quite a bit of LVR for sale lately. Doesn't it work well with the 95 grainers?

I'm sure it'll sling the 95's quite well, I'm just looking to try a powder that I don't have to use a different load every time the temp changes 20°.