New member from PNW
Hello all!

I’ve wanted a range rifle in 6mm BR for quite some time now, but was always a bit daunted by the price of buying or building what would essentially be a paper puncher. I could afford to do so, but couldn’t quite justify the expense with two kids still in school. That, and a number of rifles that already don’t see enough use dissuaded me.

However! A friend clued me in to the Savage 110 Tactical in 6mm ARC, and I rapidly saw the possibilities! I ordered one through the shop where I work, and began grabbing a number of items to set it up the way I want, new Lumley bolt handle, a threaded, 1” brass ball from McMaster Carr for a knob, and a Trident Dominator muzzle brake.

I already had a selection of rings and scopes on hand, so I “thought” I was in business, however the very real lack of any brass or ammo has me grounded for the moment. I was fortunate to find 100 pieces of Grendel brass from a friend back East, so now I’m getting ready for trimming, forming, and loading.

Really looking forward to getting this out to the local range, and stretching this puppy out!
welcome!
(07-10-2022, 11:28 PM)Otony Wrote: However! A friend clued me in to the Savage 110 Tactical in 6mm ARC, and I rapidly saw the possibilities! I ordered one through the shop where I work, and began grabbing a number of items to set it up the way I want, new Lumley bolt handle, a threaded, 1” brass ball from McMaster Carr for a knob, and a Trident Dominator muzzle brake.

Otony,

Congratulations on the new rifle and welcome to the form!  I have been waiting for a cartridge like the 6 ARC for a while. Tried the 5.56 Nato in 77gr, 6.8 SPC and the 6.5 Grendel. But once I started reading about the 6 ARC, I knew this was the cartridge for me.  I converted my 5.56 Nato AR to a 6 ARC pistol with a  12” barrel and then built another AR rifle with an 18” barrel. I could not be happier. Waiting for the Howa 1500 in 6 ARC now.

Alex