Extraction problems?
Hopefully this will remind some, and prevent others from being dumb like me...

My 3rd attempt yesterday at making my new rifle run proved even worse.

Naturally, being my own worst enemy I tried everything and it just kept getting worse, which was a clue I completely ignored.

With mounting frustration blinding me until my feeble brain finally decided it might be a good idea to swing the brass catcher out of the way and have a look.

Where have I seen this before...? A quick search was all it took.

https://youtu.be/kMrMUyyWV0k
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
Whose Bolt were you using?
Aero bolt/carrier assembly using Starline 6.5G brass.

I started out very conservative with a Sprinco Blue recoil spring, H1 buffer, and Odin gas block halfway open. So I dropped to a standard carbine buffer, then a standard recoil spring, took the gas block apart to look for blockages and checked alignment.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all it... makes kinda sense now. I kept making the ejection cycle more and more aggressive in an attempt to get the cases to eject, but all that accomplished was to force the extractor to hold on tighter and tighter and make it worse.

Not sure what the thinking was when they made it, but the corners sure were sharp, and the mechanical interference would simply not work the way it was.
...that's interesting, to me at least. I have an Aero/BA 6ARC BCG and never experienced the likes of what you did in the approx 200+ rds I've fired off, also converted Starline brass. It makes me wonder if Aero/BA switched suppliers for their BCGs/bolts since I purchased mine way back when...

...just curious, did you do a manual cycling test with brass/cartridges after assembly/purchase before hitting the range for live firing?

...assuming you got it working, how much of the corners did you have to relieve?

...personally, unlike JRB, I prefer using a file for that kind of work, not a dremel..too fast can make for too much, LOL. The technique shown is similar to what is done to 1911 extractors.
What do your case rims look like, post a picture?

Or try one one of these. Sounds like a weak extractor, or tight headspace.

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com/produc...olt-mk136/

Does factory ammo eject?
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(07-14-2022, 09:16 AM)r.tenorio671 Wrote: ...that's interesting, to me at least.  I have an Aero/BA 6ARC BCG and never experienced the likes of what you did in the approx 200+ rds I've fired off, also converted Starline brass.  It makes me wonder if Aero/BA switched suppliers for their BCGs/bolts since I purchased mine way back when...

...just curious, did you do a manual cycling test with brass/cartridges after assembly/purchase before hitting the range for live firing? 

...assuming you got it working, how much of the corners did you have to relieve?

...personally, unlike JRB, I prefer using a file for that kind of work, not a dremel..too fast can make for too much, LOL.  The technique shown is similar to what is done to 1911 extractors.

File will not touch it. I used the finest grit new stone I had at medium speed and put about .05 diameter radius on the profile. Then used a hard Arkansas stone to polish the grind marks off and deburr and polish the edges.

Honestly the thought never occurred to me to cycle it beforehand, but it cycles manually now. Rainy day today so I'm going to load some up and hopefully tomorrow or Sat I will make it to the range.

(07-14-2022, 11:23 AM)Dino11 Wrote: What do your case rims look like, post a picture?

Or try one one of these. Sounds like a weak extractor, or tight headspace.

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com/produc...olt-mk136/

Does factory ammo eject?

While I understand those are great bolts, I don't feel I need to get one for something easy to fix.

I do not buy factory ammo other than .22LR or 7.62x39 and even with that I reload x39 also.

Part of reloading is knowing your headspace, so no it's not that. If possible you might watch the JRB video I linked in the OP, it explains that better than I could here.
I have been loading and shooting for 40 years, I even blueprint my chamber before loading anything in a rifle.

Make sure you don't have a carbon ring developing because of all the blowback.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
went shooting yesterday and voila'... problem solved, very pleased.