Savage 110 Tactical or Switchback?
Looking to buy a 6 ARC, I am buying it just to get started into long range shooting. Just looking for thoughts and opinions one which one would be the better starting point.

Thanks
Or a uintah upper/full rifle... (bolt action on an AR frame. Great shooter!)

might just depend on what you can find in stock...
(07-14-2022, 05:37 PM)grayfox Wrote: Or a uintah upper/full rifle...  (bolt action on an AR frame.  Great shooter!)

might just depend on what you can find in stock...
 Well I can get both the 110 tactical and the switchback. I didnt see the uinitahs in when i looked the other day. I was told there is not much difference from an 18 to 22 inch barrel with 6 arc, is that correct?
My 18" shoots better than my 22", I have an AxisII in an Oryx chassis. But I just got the Axis and have only got out to the range with it one time.

Another thing to consider is magazine capacity. It's not fun spending half your trip loading 3 or 4 rounds every 5 or so min. I put the rifle in a Oryx chassis so I could get 10 rounds in it, and uses an AICS mag, and to me the factory stock is junk. I only wanted the barrel, action and trigger. Got it on sale local to me $350+ tax, it was $50 bucks off.

If you have an AR lower spend the money and get the Uintah upper, you can add the billet lower later. It really is a quality rifle. I can honestly say as good as any other top tier. And it takes AR mags.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I have the Switchback in a Oryx chassis and I also have a Wilson Combat that I re-barreled with a 20" BA DMR in 1/7 twist. I love them both, they are super accurate with the load I've worked up for them using the Satterly load development test. Using 103 gr Vapor Trail VTAC bullets and Hodgdon Leverevolution between 30.4 and 30.8 gr. and my velocity is averaging at 2947 fps. It was time consuming and a little expensive (VTAC's are not cheap) but worth it. I am getting sub moa at 600 yards so far, haven't had a chance yet to go out further due to the weather but I'm sure it will hold true. Personally I like both setups and was also thinking about the Uintah upper, I think it would make an awesome addition to set and would be great to have a lighter bolt setup for hunting and long range targets.
The 2nd Amendment was written to stop tyranny in the Government, like now!