Hornady posts 6Arc bolt gun data
Thanks to Gtscotty on our big brother forum (65Grrr), he posted Hornady's 6mm ARC bolt gun data.  Which has the expected disclaimer re: AR rifles so pay attention.

https://www.hornady.com/assets/site/horn...c-bolt.pdf

To which I thanked him and replied (directed actually at Hornady):
Now when will they make the rest of the AR data available?
We need it for 95 sst, 103 Eldx, probably a few others,
90 & 100 Eldm?
Maybe even the 87 Vmax?

Where is, repeat, where is Task Force Thirty Four? The world wonders...

[Image: confused.png]
I see that the bolt gun data for the 105 gn is now updated to 2.200 COAL. The bullets that I ordered are supposed to be here on Friday, I will measure what I receive.

The data also reflects the same grain value related to the DI gun for velocity. But the bolt gun surpasses the DI Past 2600 fps. I think pushing the DI rifle past 2700 fps is asking for trouble unless your pushing 85 gn and under pills.
Thanks for the info!  I first two things I noticed were that leverevolution is the speed queen across the board and there is still no data for the 95 grain SST.  

I stand corrected, hornady has published gas gun data on their website for 58 to 105 grain bullets.  I would post here but I am not that computer savvy.  Looks like they are being very conservative with the 95 grain data.

Maybe someone smarter than I can this load data posted on the forum.
Trashy
https://www.hornady.com/assets/site/horn...r-data.pdf

Here it is.
Thank you sir!!
Trashy
Stupid is as stupid does, and I guess I have been stupid. After looking at hornady’s 95 grain data for a minute either they are being very conservative or I have been way off the reservation from the get go.

EDIT: same above goes for the 90 & 100 grain bullets also. I know my barrel is 2 inches longer than their test barrel but 120 FPS faster on .2 grains less of 8208xbr?

2nd EDIT: the hornady black 105’s that I chronographed are over 100 FPS faster than the load data That they have listed.
Trashy
What's their reason for not including the 108 ELDM in their semi-auto data?
That is curious. Still, that other pdf has the 108-110 data.
Would also observe that the 95-100 probably also includes the 100 eldm, and the 103-105, even though the bthp is the only picture, includes my 103 eldx.

What I’ve experienced with hornady data is they do seem to be more conservative than folks end up with. Exhibit #1 in that regard is that pretty much all shooters wind up above book on the 6.5 creedmoor 140 gr loads.
This data is so bad

It’s nice to know I’m 2 grains over their max charge with a 90 grain bullet

I get 150 FPS more speed from their factory loads versus their data

Somebody put the new guy on building these gas gun logs....
Howa better pay attention, hdy did their bolt data with a cz-24” rifle. So cz must be building some.
This new pdf is a down-load from even the first 108-110 pdf, cfe drops to 28.6/2500 from the 108's 29.1/2575.
Other powder charges drop too.
Not making sense to me. Unless like Popper says, the rookie was put on the bench for this one.
What do you make of the 90 grain gmx where it says "90 gr. GMX® (6mm Creedmoor)"? Did they take Creedmore data and "adjust" it for 6mm ARC?
I saw that too, and ... I don’t know what it means. Why would they do that.
I am 100% confident that we, the 6ARC community, will build upon Hornady's data and will fully exploit the potential of this sweet little cartridge.  Cool

Once my batch of 6ARC MONSTER barrels are done, I know I'm gonna be loading to 2.280 if at all possible. None of this 2.220 nonsense.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
BFT, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I don’t know how good hornady’s foundation is going to be to build upon, but my ladders start where they stop so I still don’t know if I am fixin to blow my face off (to use JRB’s terminology) but I have to try.

If you just go by what hornady has published for load data it’s going to kill the 6 arc before it gets started and that would be a shame because I believe the 6 arc has a lot of potential.

Is it just me or is their load data not in the same ballpark as their media presentation when they announced the 6mm ARC. If I’m expecting to much from hornady on this one someone please tell me before I invest more resources, because it looks like hornady is doing a “Big Green” job on the 6 arc.
Trashy
Their media (marketing team) needs to be fired / all of them

I am at a complete loss on the load data

Since June 3 2020 they’ve been spouting on and on and on about the velocity and touting this cartridge as though GODZILLA is about to crash through the door

And then this load data comes out and I’m staring at the GEICO lizard ......

24 videos posted on their channel since reveal date and the 105 BTHP velocity went from 2630 FPS (in my 18” barrel) using factory ammo

To 7 of 9 listed powders in their reloading guide with MAX charges at 2500 FPS or less ????????????

Hornady needs to explain how this works cause it sure seems like false advertising to me
Their factory 105’s and the dod adoption, expose their data as being too low. I think, like Khrys said in his comment, we’ll find the real values as we do our development. Sure would like one of the mfrs to publish their psi data along with load data, like hodgdon.
Dod I think, is using the 18”, whatever the length is (or close to it) so that at 600 yds it looks like a regular M16, that was part of the thinking of adopting this platform, is to look like the regular rifle at a distance.
Yesterday at the range I was seeing 2700+ with the 105's, and 2650 + or - with the 108's.

These were the factory loads out of an 18" barrel.

All shot groups were sub MOA @ 100 yards, it was a good day at the range yesterday, even my hand loads were shooting very well. A little down on velocity from the factory but were sub MOA using CFE223 @ Hornady's published data. The best groups were 105's with 28.8 gn CFE223. This is the first time I have used this powder, but it seems to work OK, kinda smells funny and a little dirty.

Wish we could have went to the longer ranges but their were two events going on yesterday. I had the 100 yard range all to myself the whole 5 hours we spent their.
People are not going out and shooting like they used to, the last two times I went it was barren, maybe one other shooter.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Today is last day of the Dulles gun show, which usually means the range here is also packed. Wife told me there was a 1.5 hr waiting line, waiting to get into the show. Loooong lines.
So I'll need to wait a day or so to get back to the range.

I have some 108's now in hand, so will be shooting both.
After cleaning my gun today... That CFE223 is some dirty shit, looked like I fired 500 plus rounds through my gun. I wish I could use H322 with these heavier bullets, that stuff burns so clean. Maybe I'll try it with some lightweight bullets. Right now the lighest I have are 100 gn. and H322 falls off the chart around 90 gn per Hornady spec.

I picked up a pound of Leverevolution yesterday, I think that might be my next load with some of those 100 gn. Want to try something different next time around. I'm getting a pretty good grasp on what this round likes and doesn't like. The most important aspect is bullet seating depth, This chamber is very sensitive to how deep the bullet is seated.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.