6mm ARC AR bolts
What AR bolt do you use in your 6 ARC ARs and why?

I use Maxim Firearms bolts. They are middle of the road in terms of cost and seem to have a good online reputation.
Monster bolts from SixFive Outfitters...

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com/produc...extractor/
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I have a Monster bolt (see Old Bob’s post above) and an Odin Works bolt.
JP bolt in a JP low mass carrier. Only the finest for a match rifle.
#FJB
Oops! Previously posted the link to the extractor for the Monster Ultra bolt...

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com/produc...olt-mk136/
New BCGs, Carriers & Pins at sixfive outfitters...

https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthre...th-Options
(08-04-2022, 02:44 AM)alwie Wrote: What AR bolt do you use in your 6 ARC ARs and why?

I use Maxim Firearms bolts. They are middle of the road in terms of cost and seem to have a good online reputation.

I started my build with a 21” Odin works barrel with BCG. Regardless of charge weight I seemed to get a ring just above the base resembling pressure sign of case head separation but it typically only really showed after sizing a case. Most of the time it wasn’t all the way around but closer to half or three quarters around the diameter. I switched to a JP high pressure bolt thinking the bolt was the problem and i was wrong. Still having the problem I then tried a super laxative arms adjustable gas block and a JP SCS still had the same problem. I then switched to a proof 20” carbon barrel with the same Odin works carrier, JP high pressure bolt, JP SCS, but with a new Odin works low profile adjustable  gas block. All problems went away and I’m on on the 5th firing of 6.5 Grendel Lapua brass. I’m pretty sure the Odin works barrel was a timing problem but couldn’t fix it with gas or springs so I can’t rule out the chamber cut or barrel extension. The shitty part is that barrel shot really well but I can’t waste brass with one firing. Had the same problem with Hornady 6mm ARC brass with the Odin Works barrel and have absolutely no more problems since switching just the barrel and gas block so I know that my loading process and the rest of the rifle is solid. I guess that’s a long way of saying I have a very nice JP high pressure bolt but was a result of trouble shooting. Really happy now but painful and expensive.
Aero Precision BCG.  It was available at the time I did my build.  Only about 200 rounds of factory ammo so far, but not issues.
Tact - Telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that they enjoy the trip.
I just assembled a BCA sidecharge upper with a 20" Faxon heavy fluted barrel. BCA's upper includes the BCG, but I've swapped BCA's bolt out with one from SixFive Outfitters. The gas block is reversed, so its a manually operated, straight-pull bolt. I used 2 boxes of Hornady Black for break-in today, and will be watching the bolt and brass closely.

BTW, 1x brass from my Savage 110T didn't fit into the Faxon's chamber.