Barrel nitriding
Hi guys. Been reading the forum for a while, but finally registered. My intro is in the proper place if you’re interested.

Seems like I remember some discussion about one or more places to have a barrel nitrided. Can’t seem to find that thread at the moment.
I have several barrels I need to break in, and am considering having them nitrided afterwards to extend the life. Has anyone actually done this? Any thoughts on the subject?
TIA,
Pan
These folks are the best in the business.

http://blacknitride.com/

After your velocity levels out send it to these guys and they will work their magic. I had them do the barrel and bolt on my Uintah bolt action 6 ARC.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I have my barrels nitrided. The biggest pain is cleaning all the copper out of then before shipping them out for the process.
(08-13-2022, 03:55 AM)alwie Wrote: I have my barrels nitrided. The biggest pain is cleaning all the copper out of then before shipping them out for the process.
Use copper remover and follow up with JB Bore paste it will be as clean as it was new.

They hot chemical dip parts before they go through the Nitride process.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Thanks, guys.
Has anyone had an AR barrel nitrided after break-in? I ran the idea by Ballistic Advantage, and was told it couldn’t be done after the barrel extension is installed and the gas port is drilled. They didn’t specify why.

I sent an email to blacknitride.com seeking their opinion, but haven’t heard back from them yet.
I still haven’t seen a response from blacknitride. Guess I’ll try calling when I get a chance.
A local guy that developed the coating used by FailZero told me years ago that he had developed a barrel surface hardening process. I may look him up and see what he has to offer. I’ve been trying to avoid that route, as I found when I was doing consulting work for him a while back, that he’s a bit of a scam artist.