Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies?
Just ran across these 6ARC dies from Mighty Armory. What you guys heard about these?
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
A week ago, I got one of their de-capping dies for short cartridges & one small rifle primer pocket swaging die. They're pretty well made dies. The de-capper worked without a hiccup on a bunch of LC 5.56 NATO brass... punched out crimped primers with ease. Haven't swaged their pockets yet but I suspect the MA swaging die will do the job with equal ease. Set up & a trial run on a couple of cases was no sweat.

After looking at the Mighty Armory site & checking out reviews on some of their other sizing dies, all I saw were 5 star reviews. Everyone that has them thinks they're the best they've used.

What I'm wondering, how much shoulder set-back do you get with the 6 ARC FL die? They have some dies that will allow set-back or headspace (HS die) up to .005" but not for the 6 ARC. Looks like the way the HS dies work: With the die set all the way down on the shell-holder, the die will be at it's full .005" set-back. To get less set-back, you back out the die until you get the headspace you want.

I'm guessing, from what I saw in a review, their regular FL dies only have a set-back of .001". Don't know for sure if that's actual or if you can get a bit more set-back. I suppose chamber length would be a determining factor as well.

Don't know if I'll get one of their sizing dies. My Wilson dies are already set up right where I want 'em.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
No personal experience though I seen a bit of an endorsement by a YouTube video. Look at 28 min in if you like. Bottom line Id gather the ID of the die may be nitrideded or other coating to improve wear resistance of the die. I have not done any serious research for quite some time now on this die. I am very happy with the Whidneer dies I have been using for roughly 18 months now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpD7CdA-V9w
I have 2 of the decapping dies (make sure you order the Primer Flicker Spring with it), a 6ARC sizing die, and a 6.5 Creedmoor sizing die. I was impressed with all of them. Great dies and super smooth inside the dies.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
I agree with gorilla. I have the decapping and 6 ARC dies. Very smooth and don't squeeze/undersize the body of the case like my Hornady die does.
Reckon I stand corrected (comment from other thread on this). Glad you all are getting good use.
I still think they are too rich for me, but more power to you guys.
(08-17-2022, 10:03 PM)popgun Wrote: I agree with gorilla. I have the decapping and 6 ARC dies. Very smooth and don't squeeze/undersize the body of the case like my Hornady die does.

Question for you popgun, What are you using for lube with the MA 6mm ARC die? I have opted to give this die a try. From the reviews I have looked in to. The potential gains with the Mighty Armory MATCH series rifle sizing die may be ,

1.) Ease of setting head space

2.) Working the brass less due to slightly larger die size

3.) Improved finish of resized brass (due to ultra fine 5 micro polished finish)

4.) Improved bullet runout, Generally less than .0015" may be expected.

5.) Improved longevity of the die, Although this may have a lot to do with the care given the die, Due to the frequent cleaning instructions. Would seem that if we are using the Peg 75 spray lube as recommended the upkeep of the brass & die may become a fair amount easier.

6.) May work more like a small base die. Suspect this may be a good thing though not certain.

Down side, may be

1.) While we may do well to use the Peg 75 lube. Expense & inconvenience of sourcing & mixing the peg 75 lube can be somewhat substantial.

Expense of the die may be a factor as well.
CZ527 Guy. It says "Lanolin based lube works best.". That is what I have been using. Just out of grins I resized five 6.5 CM cases with nothing and it was buttery smooth. I didn't want to press my luck so I used my alcohol and lanolin lube. Works great.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
(08-21-2022, 09:28 PM)gorillamotors Wrote: CZ527 Guy. It says "Lanolin based lube works best.". That is what I have been using. Just out of grins I resized five 6.5 CM cases with nothing and it was buttery smooth. I didn't want to press my luck so I used my alcohol and lanolin lube. Works great.

Received a Mighty Armory 6mm arc die last week. received the PEG 75 lube Friday. Sized 150 cases & necked down 150 Starline 6.5mm Grendel brass over the weekend. While a bit spendy the die works well. The Redding competition shell holder set is a nice compliment to this die IMHO. makes setting .002 head space clearance a fair bit easier to accomplish in a quick fashion.

IMHO most will not appreciate the qualities offered with the mighty armory die. 
sorry to say I do not currently have a means to measure neck runout so I can't speak to the quality of my reloads as of yet in terms of bullet / neck runout.
Have a sizer in ARC and some deprimers and poppers for my Dillon. The sizing die had a burr right where the vent hole was drilled and screwed up a few pieces of brass by the time if was found and corrected. Never had that problem with any other dies that I have ever purchased.
(11-12-2022, 11:11 PM)Sc0 Wrote: Have a sizer in ARC and some deprimers and poppers for my Dillon.  The sizing die had a burr right where the vent hole was drilled and screwed up a few pieces of brass by the time if was found and corrected.  Never had that problem with any other dies that I have ever purchased.

Bummer, Id contact them & see if they would make it right. Would not expect such issues with a single die in this price point.

Would do them well at least to be aware of the issue.

BTW I have had that issue with a Hornady die set years back. Not uncommon though not acceptable.