Accidental gunbroker purchase
Well it happened, an accidental gunbroker purchase. I bought a howa 6.5 Grendel for too much money because coors light and my ego wouldn’t let the other guy win. I already have a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel so I imagine one will be getting rebarreled to 6mm arc. Any suggestions as to which rifle and who to use? I’ve been eyeing the 6 arc for a while now so I’m actually kind excited even if it did start out as an accident.
(09-06-2022, 05:59 PM)mblackmon4 Wrote: Well it happened, an accidental gunbroker purchase. I bought a howa 6.5 Grendel for too much money because coors light and my ego wouldn’t let the other guy win. I already have a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel so I imagine one will be getting rebarreled to 6mm arc. Any suggestions as to which rifle and who to use? I’ve been eyeing the 6 arc for a while now so I’m actually kind excited even if it did start out as an accident.
Just had a CZ527 rebarreled by PacNor should be back next week. Have not gotten my hands on it yet but they have been great to deal with. This is my first time doing anything to a rifle and they were very good with my lack of knowledge and insecurity . Big Grin
+1 on Pacnor. 3month plus lead time to be expected. Id leave the 12 pack alone before calling them.

https://pac-nor.com/prefit/

Really nothing wrong with the 6.5 GRENDEL. Ammo pricing and availability can be nice. May wish to purchase some PPU 6.5 grendel ammo. As I understand the 120 grain HP ammo can be very accurate. Think they switched to SR primer roughly 3 years ago. For your consideration below.

https://greenacressporting.com/product/p...round-box/

BTW brass will convert to 6mm ARC relatively easily. Then you can have a neet switch barrel rifle & decide based on experience which you like best. Custom barrel vs factory barrel won't be exactly fair though.
Did you get the ORYX?
Anthony at Crown Ridge Barrel Works. He did the tube for my 6 Creed and it’s a hammer. I have resisted doing what you are about to do. I’m getting weak though, so Howa needs to hurry with that factory 6 Arc action. Good luck to you and let us know how it turns out.
I have a good load for the CZ built and a lot of ammo for the Grendel as is. But I also have a lot of brass to turn into 6 arc as well as some 85gr Barnes bullets that should be fun. The howa I got is just the 20” heavy barrel with the plane Jane black stock. As far as the PPU ammo goes your absolutely right, it’s very accurate and the brass is good quality, I already have some 250rds of it lol.
Buying the Howa ain’t too bad. Just wait until the mail-order bride you bought shows up…
(09-07-2022, 04:10 PM)SBRSarge Wrote: Buying the Howa ain’t too bad. Just wait until the mail-order bride you bought shows up…
LOL Big Grin
I would do the Howa personally. That is me being me though. I'm nowhere near as bad as I was was when younger.... upgrading, changing, aftermarket is better(right?)....but I imagine there are more commonly available options for stocks and chassis if desired down the road.

I may be wrong and it pains me a little inside, I'm very fond of CZ coming from a practical pistol background. I'm also very green in the bolt world TBH. Building my first bolt rig. Of course 6ARC ....
I have to wonder how reliable the Howa is in an Oryx chassis using the AICS mags would be. I have heard they have serious feeding issues in the Grendal platform... so I have heard, I do not have personal experience with it. This is why I went the Savage route with an Oryx chassis. I am very happy to date with this combo.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
In the normal stocked Howas you can get a hinged bottom metal for a more classic rifle style. In the CZ Grendel the mags are good but I have had issue with another CZ I have. I don’t really like having magazines for my bolt rifles but it seems to be what the market loves. Keep us updated on your build @thelaststraw