New Barrel is in from PacNor

Got my barreled action back from PacNor today, looks great can't wait to try it out. I put in my old stock and was able to run a sheet of paper between the barrel and the stock all the way to where barrel is screwed to the action . Is that good or do I need to remove some wood ?
Thanks

Congratulations: For starters Id go sight it in fire a round & clean from the breach per their break in recommendations.

https://pac-nor.com/care/

After 5 rounds or more you may wish to double check for clearance again.
(09-26-2022, 10:01 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Congratulations: For starters Id go sight it in fire a round & clean from the breach per their break in recommendations.

https://pac-nor.com/care/

After 5 rounds or more you may wish to double check for clearance again.
I plan on trying it right after the Hurricane gets done if the shooting range is still standing. Right now I have to get ready for and tie everything down. Big Grin
Nice. Can’t wait to see it shoot.
Bassfish: Wish you & everyone in the path - well, weathering the storm. Sounds like a lot of folks are in for a rough ride. Hope Ian turns out to be far tamer than predicted. Preparing for the worst yet hoping for the best comes to mind.
Thumbs Up 
(09-27-2022, 09:28 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Bassfish: Wish you & everyone in the path - well, weathering the storm. Sounds like a lot of folks are in for a rough ride. Hope Ian turns out to be far tamer than predicted. Preparing for the worst yet hoping for the best comes to mind.
I had hoped it would pass us to the west over water but as it stands now I am right where it is supposed to hit land. We are going to ride it out. We'll see how that works out.

Oh , after being on this forum and talking with a stock manufacturer I was concerned about getting a stock for the carbine. So with PacNor we decided to follow the contour of my carbine barrel out 11" till it cleared the stock then take that dia. all the way to end of barrel. So I ended up with .680 for most of the barrel in-between a varmint and medium sporter. Again can't wait to shoot it.
How far inland are you?
(09-27-2022, 09:47 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: How far inland are you?
I'm about a mile from the gulf on a small lake in Holiday, Florida. Being a bass fisherman I wanted a lake and this one has fantastic fishing. House sits at 8.8' above sea level. Thankfully Ian moved south and east over night so I am on the less windy side and my storm surge will be a less.

On another note I am breaking out my Leupold VX3 1.5 x 5 scope and going with it this year to see how it does, its very good in low light and has a great FOV 

The 24" barrel doesn't seem to be a hinder at all on the micro action and factory stock .
BassFish: Praying all is reasonably well for you & yours since the storm. Guessing she will be some time B4 life will resemble anything near normal. keep us posted when you can.

Best wishes from Sodak.
The hurricane passed south of me, we had no damage at all, wind gust to 70 , light rain and it was gone. But the season runs thru Nov. so now we are prepared for the next one if it should come.
View from my desk this morning after the storm

Thanks for the concern and prayers.

Count yourself fortunate thus far. good deal.
Took the new barrel out yesterday, very happy with it . Put 20 rounds out of it on paper at 25 yds then sight in at 50yds and finished up with 100yds at an indoor range . The pac-nor barrel performed well , no flyers small group with the factory 103 eldx Hornady . My problem was seeing the target and stoping my shakes , I was able to get a good group and could pick and hold on target just wasn't sure where on target I was. My cataracts were causing blurred vision and I had elected to use my 1.5-5 scope. 1.5" group but about 3" off where I wanted to aim. Switching to a 3-9 scope and am taking my shooting rest with me next time and I think it's time to fix the cataracts

I did check the barrel to stock clearance and it stayed the same thru 20 rds over 45 mins.

But bottom line the barrel seems to function better than me  Big Grin
If you change your mind & wish to get rid of that heap of wood & steel keep me in mindSmile Sounds like you would do well to come up with a bipod & rear bag for load work up.

I ask myself if you have seriously looked into the cataract surgery? I had the surgery on one eye due to a trauma induced cataracts, roughly 2 years ago. Feel very fortunate for the cataract surgery option.
Double dog-yes!!! on doing the cataract surgery. I had it for both eyes few yrs ago, it has done a world of difference. Now worst I got is 20-25... it has come a long way baby.

My wife also got hers done recently, got better lenses even than mine Smile
You will be sur[rised how good things look, and how long it took you to do it, just settling for the blurs...!
Thanks on the info and encouragement for the cataract surgery . I had gastric bypass done and had a time adjusting to that and while I was ,I started noticing blurred vision that would last couple of hours to couple of days but I thought it was maybe a chemical imbalance from the surgery . 
Went in for glasses and she mentioned my cataracts as if I should have already known about them. So for right now it will be a stronger scope and one of those death grip bipod things.
I go up to Alabama and stand hunt so I was thinking I could get the grip on a bipod and mount it in the tree stand with a quick tie down to the guard rail to help steady my aim this year and we'll see if I need it after getting everything fixed next year.

As for the rifle that 24" barrel really doesn't seem hard to handle at all and the way Pac-Nor contoured the barrel I am very pleased with it. 

Mounting a Leupold 3-9x50 on it to help me with the vision.

I'll try again next week

Oh I have a cheap plastic gun mount I just didn't take it this time a Caldwell something or the other.
When you do, get the toric lens, it's a tri focal and covers near, mid and far ranges.
(10-07-2022, 08:32 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote: Thanks on the info and encouragement for the cataract surgery . I had gastric bypass done and had a time adjusting to that and while I was ,I started noticing blurred vision that would last couple of hours to couple of days but I thought it was maybe a chemical imbalance from the surgery . 
Went in for glasses and she mentioned my cataracts as if I should have already known about them. So for right now it will be a stronger scope and one of those death grip bipod things.
I go up to Alabama and stand hunt so I was thinking I could get the grip on a bipod and mount it in the tree stand with a quick tie down to the guard rail to help steady my aim this year and we'll see if I need it after getting everything fixed next year.

As for the rifle that 24" barrel really doesn't seem hard to handle at all and the way Pac-Nor contoured the barrel I am very pleased with it. 

Mounting a Leupold 3-9x50 on it to help me with the vision.

I'll try again next week

Oh I have a cheap plastic gun mount I just didn't take it this time a Caldwell something or the other.

(10-07-2022, 10:06 PM)grayfox Wrote: When you do, get the toric lens, it's a tri focal and covers near, mid and far ranges.
Thanks I will ask about that when I get it done.