Buffer tube for magpul prs lite stock
Well my 6mms arc barrel from shaw will be here on Tuesday, interested in how they shoot since I've never had a ar-15 barrel from them. Anyway I still have some parts to get to finish this build, I m thinking the magpul prs lite will match the gun and it has what I'd want in  stock. Some how I forgot they used a carbine buffer not the rifle tube and can work with the A5 tubes.

So what should I go with, even tho I am going to use a adjustable gas block id like some extra buffer weight. The A5 stuff is more money but if you figure the price for a H2/H3 buffer for the carbine it's not much more for the A5.

I'd have to look at the buffer weights and chose the heaviest within reason for the price. So what would you use the carbine or the A5 stuff.
I have the PRS lite and like it. Using carbine buffer tubes. Matter of fact I have 2 of them but one is on 18" 223 wylde, 1 on 18" 6Arc. I'm currently experimenting with buffer wts, the Arc will wind up most likely H1 or H2 - the Spikes T2 or Kaw valley since I already have them in hand. The wylde uses regular carbine buffer.
Mostly I run MBA-3's but these 2 are the PRS/lt.
(10-08-2022, 02:41 AM)grayfox Wrote: I have the PRS lite and like it.  Using carbine buffer tubes.  Matter of fact I have 2 of them but one is on 18" 223 wylde, 1 on 18" 6Arc.  I'm currently experimenting with buffer wts, the Arc will wind up most likely H1 or H2 - the Spikes T2 or Kaw valley since I already have them in hand.  The wylde uses regular carbine buffer.
Mostly I run MBA-3's but these 2 are the PRS/lt.
Thanks for some info, what mount height are you using with the magpul prs lite even with the comb down it's seems higher the say a A2 stock. I believe the lite stock needs a mil spec buffer tube, guys using the aero has some fit issues.
yes mil spec carbine buffer tube, that one is easier to find anyway than comm. As to height I have it up about 1/2" to get a good cheek weld for 30mm scope mounted in a cantilever mount. Adjusting the ht is not a one size fits all, so play with it once your scope is mounted to get your eyeball centered in the scope lens.