6arc Odin works barrels
My 21" 6 arc odin should be on its way to me, I've seen some guys with the 18" and looks promising . Didn't think I've seen anyone with a 21" yet.

I've heard odin uses mcgowen blanks, I've seen good accuracy with there barrels.

so anyone got a odin 6arc. I lucked out I was able I get dealer pick on the barrel and bolt.
Several guys with Odin have reported short throats, such that factory 105s will not load properly but jam into the lands. Hornady says you need to load those down to 2.200 for the 105 to be ok, but most of their factory 105 ammo on the street is 2.245-2.250. They claim it because of the 105 shape, 108 doesn’t seem to have the issue. Anyway, imo it’s a barrel mfr oversight, so be careful if you shoot any of the 105s. There’s a thread on here in ammo and reloading on hornady oal concerns, lots of info. Proof bbls can have the same issue. Faxon, cmmg don’t.
(08-26-2020, 11:44 AM)grayfox Wrote: Several guys with Odin have reported short throats, such that factory 105s will not load properly but jam into the lands.  Hornady says you need to load those down to 2.200 for the 105 to be ok, but most of their factory 105 ammo on the street is 2.245-2.250.  They claim it because of the 105 shape, 108 doesn’t seem to have the issue.  Anyway, imo it’s a barrel mfr oversight, so be careful if you shoot any of the 105s.  There’s a thread on here in ammo and reloading on hornady oal concerns, lots of info.  Proof bbls can have the same issue.  Faxon, cmmg don’t.
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check oal for each bullet. I think I can get the 105 nosler cheaper anyway.
I have an Odin barrel in the 18" flavor. You don't have to worry about the 105 grain ammo any more. Hornady re speced the ammo and it is coming from the factory loaded to the 2.200 OAL.

With my barrel it was not a huge problem, the round would push into the lands ever so slightly loaded to the old spec of 2.245. Round would fire and eject just fine, it was when you tried to eject a live round from the chamber that was a problem. You could get it out but it had to be mortared. I have since measured my chamber, and compared it to two other barrels I have and it's just a tight chamber, very usable and dead nuts accurate. If it was a problem belive me I would send it back. I custom load all my precision rounds anyway so not an issue. And I'm not sending it back to get any work done on it for fear that it may lose some accuracy. This thing shoots 1/2 MOA.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(08-26-2020, 07:53 PM)Dino11 Wrote: I have an Odin barrel in the 18" flavor. You don't have to worry about the 105 grain ammo any more. Hornady re speced the ammo and it is coming from the factory loaded to the 2.200 OAL.

With my barrel it was not a huge problem, the round would push into the lands ever so slightly loaded to the old spec of 2.245. Round would fire and eject just fine, it was when you tried to eject a live round from the chamber that was a problem. You could get it out but it had to be mortared. I have since measured my chamber, and compared it to two other barrels I have and it's just a tight chamber, very usable and dead nuts accurate. If it was a problem belive me I would send it back. I custom load all my precision rounds anyway so not an issue. And I'm not sending it back to get any work done on it for fear that it may lose some accuracy. This thing shoots 1/2 MOA.
Ya from what I've heard f there was a barrel problem odin would do you right. Good to see the odins shooting good.

Side note am I doing something wrong to not get notifications someone replied to a thread.
I have a 21” Odin and it shoots fantastic! Consistently under 1/2 MOA. Got out to a thousand yards last weekend for the first time since finishing the build and I couldn’t be happier. Easily can get off 2 shots before hearing the steel ring on the first impact.
I have an Odin 21” upper on order. What ammo do you find works best? Not sure I am ready to jump into reloading. Found some 108 Hornady ELD to start with.
As of this posting you only have two choices... Hornady or something you load yourself.

The Hornady 105's and 108's shoot pretty much the same, kind of depends on what you rifle likes.

I have no experience with their 103 offering, but from what I hear it is more tailored towards hunting.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
My Odin is an 18”, but I figure the chamber and such are the same.

I’m getting good groups from the Black, and stellar from ELD-M and ELD-X. All are easily sub moa at 100 yds.

Grab some of all the factory loads and see which do the best. Prices are all over, but once you find what works well, you can search it up.
I have some Black that arrived today as well. At least I have some to start with. I will be saving the brass on this stuff for sure.
The 108 ELDM’s shoot fantastic out of my 21” but I seat them a little deeper than the factory so I have a 0.090” jump
Just received my 21 inch Odin…. Have all the parts now for my first 6arc build (new member here)..  managed to get a few boxes of hornady black….  Trying to get some brass too, for reloading.   Ill be back with questions and range reports….
so I just built my 6mm arc with an odin 21 in, first day. Ran a can, played with the gas system. No where near 1/2. Mao. What parts are you guys running and buffer wt? I had to use a Stag upper receiver, its for my son who is a lefty.
Did you try it without the can to get a baseline accuracy average?
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
(02-12-2023, 03:01 AM)BluntForceTrauma Wrote: Did you try it without the can to get a baseline accuracy average?
No. That was my next move.  I really wanted to get some rounds down the tube but I was really surprised at the groups.
Just got my Odin works 21" Putting together now!
I bought an Odin Works 18" barrel last fall and have been very happy with it so far. I am running a standard carbine buffer and buffer spring along with a MagPul PRS Lite stock on build. I am also running the Odin Works BGC. The 6 ARC mags from ACS have been working great too.

I have not had any issues with the Hornady 108Gr or 105Gr ammo with my rifle and both shoot between 1/2" and 3/4" at 100 yards. The 108Gr ammo is more accurate ou of my rifle than the 105Gr ammo is. I am running an Arken SH-4 6-24 MIL scope.