What scope mount for 6mmarc ar-15
I'm looking at mounts for the top of my ar, looking to not spend more then $100. I'll be using a 3-15 stac by sightron, 30mm tube. There are a few I like but they seem a bit to light, say the aero it looks good and the upper and lower are aero but it looks to flimsy. Was looking at the Warne, not the super cheap one the 4 screw mount. There a bit more the $100 but maybe on sale it's closer to my budget.

I may have to think about high, I'll be using a magpul prs lite so maybe taller the 1.5" maybe better. I don't need 20moa for the ranges I'm shooting but doesn't hurt.

So what you all using?
In 30mm I've got some vortex, some monstrum. all cantilevers. I haven't had any problems with any of them but I don't treat my ARs very rough either. For the base to rail screws no more than 18 inch-lbs.
(10-13-2022, 03:44 AM)grayfox Wrote: In 30mm I've got some vortex, some monstrum.  all cantilevers.  I haven't had any problems with any of them but I don't treat my ARs very rough either.  For the base to rail screws no more than 18 inch-lbs.
I have a 1" monstrum and it's been pretty good with a 3-9 but I like something beefier for the sightron
I use either the Warne or the USA-made Vortex mounts. None have let me down.
I have Burris P.E.P.R. 30mm mounts on a couple of ARs. They're good mounts. No complaints except for the near $100 price tag.

https://www.amazon.com/Burris-P-E-P-R-30...QMCL&psc=1
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(10-13-2022, 08:53 AM)Old Bob Wrote: I have Burris P.E.P.R. 30mm mounts on a couple of ARs. They're good mounts. No complaints except for the near $100 price tag.

Ya the Burris is on my short list.
I don’t have a 30mm mine are all 34 mm. I have LaRue and Seekins. The LaRue work well, I purchased the Seekins for my last project. For my next 2 mounts I will be going back with Seekins. Beautiful work from them.
For value, I'm a fan of Primary Arms. See 30mm rings with 20 MOA base HERE for example.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
I've a Leupold MK1, 1/2" extended rail riser and Leupold PRW high rings which puts me high enough for use with my PRS Lite cheek rest without contorting my neck. Also gets the scope far enough foreward for proper cheek position. IIRC 5-5 1/2" from butt to your nose.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
Grabbed a leupold mark ar mount from a lgs, cheaper then anywhere online. Nice looking mound and should be nice and secure with all them screws. I'm just hoping it's not to low with the prs lite stock, hope to order the stock in a few weeks.
(10-28-2022, 08:37 AM)Troy fairweather Wrote: Grabbed a leupold mark ar mount from a lgs, cheaper then anywhere online. Nice looking mound and should be nice and secure with all them screws. I'm just hoping it's not to low with the prs lite stock, hope to order the stock in a few weeks.
The Leupold should serve you well. If it is too low, just add a riser rail like GRH did in the previous post.
Check out F3R https://f3rmachine.com.

Cheers
(10-13-2022, 08:53 AM)Old Bob Wrote: I have Burris P.E.P.R. 30mm mounts on a couple of ARs. They're good mounts. No complaints except for the near $100 price tag.

I just picked this up for a Viper HST.  Its solid but a little heavy.  I didnt care since the gun itself is already heavy.  Looks very well made.
(10-17-2022, 01:09 AM)IIQII Wrote: I don’t have a 30mm mine are all 34 mm. I have LaRue and Seekins. The LaRue work well, I purchased the Seekins for my last project. For my next 2 mounts I will be going back with Seekins. Beautiful work from them.

+1 for Seekins
Tact - Telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that they enjoy the trip.