Another New Guy here
You New guy checking in. 

Working on an AR build I 6 ARC. It’ll join a Grendel and a couple Creedmoor’s. Had a 6mm Creedmoor and liked the calibers so the ARC was of interest.
(10-13-2022, 01:22 AM)IIQII Wrote: You New guy checking in. 

Working on an AR build I 6 ARC. It’ll join a Grendel and a couple Creedmoor’s. Had a 6mm Creedmoor and liked the calibers so the ARC was of interest.
Hi there from a slightly older new guy. Were you happy with the 6 Creedmoor?
I’ve been thinking about trying it, as it’s one of the few options offered by Craddock Precision for rebarreling a DPMS Gen 2. Mine currently has a lightweight 16” chrome lined 308 barrel, and although I haven’t shot it yet, I doubt I’ll be happy with the accuracy.
Or I could just leave it as is for the reason I bought it, to have a light handy big bore carbine just in case.
Decisions decisions…
(10-16-2022, 02:34 AM)Panshovevo Wrote:
(10-13-2022, 01:22 AM)IIQII Wrote: You New guy checking in. 

Hi there from a slightly older new guy. Were you happy with the 6 Creedmoor?
I’ve been thinking about trying it, as it’s one of the few options offered by Craddock Precision for rebarreling a DPMS Gen 2. Mine currently has a lightweight 16” chrome lined 308 barrel, and although I haven’t shot it yet, I doubt I’ll be happy with the accuracy.
Or I could just leave it as is for the reason I bought it, to have a light handy big bore carbine just in case.
Decisions decisions…
Yes the 6mm Creedmoor is a great round, for as much as I shot it. My AR10 started piercing primers on everything from factory ammo to custom loaded when with lowest powder charges on the. Adjustable gas, H2 buffer, higher rate spring, HP bolt no combination helped. I ended up breaking it down. Couldn’t find another 6mm Creedmoor barrel available but got a smoking deal on a carbon wrapped Proof in 6.5 Creedmoor. It works awesome. I will build up another 6mm Creedmoor at some point, but right now the 6 ARC is in play and I just picked up a bolt in 6.5 PRC