Lead free, Sorry Not exactly 6mm Arc related for starters
First deer of the season taken with lead free projectile.

Attached Files Image(s)

625 grain projectile moving along at a little over 200 FPS did the trick. Buck made it 33 yards after the shot before tipping over. Will see if I can follow up in a few weeks with a few actual 6mm ARC deer from this rifle season & lead free projectiles.
There ya go! It’s always nice to get your first deer of the season.
"Lead-free!" Ha!
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
I tend to believe that if you have Archery hunted deer, & broke down & packaged your own meat. Now if you compare the archery wound channel & surrounding tissue vs a rifle shot deer with a higher velocity lead fragmenting bullet that the appreciation for the smaller yet very effective wound channel of lead free can be profound & really appreciated.

Seems deer taken with all copper bullets share a similar smaller yet very effective wound channel.

Seen this personally & related with others to recognize this advantage as substantial. More than JMHO
Nice looking buck,congratulations .
(11-11-2022, 02:49 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Seems deer taken with all copper bullets share a similar smaller yet very effective wound channel.

What bullet are you planning on using?
Absolute Hammer & Lehigh Defense Controlled chaos are on the list.
Ok this morning was opener for rifle deer & I had 3 tags to fill. Initial tag was for any deer & 2nd & 3rd tags were left over doe tags for another county. Of course the CZ527 in 6mm Arc was the rifle of choice for the season & I opted to use the Absolute Hammer over IMR 8208 at a velocity slightly over 3000 fps.

Morning hunt was cold & windy low of 13 above w roughly 22mph winds & never seen a deer. Afternoon I changed game plan & went after does in a adjacent county. Hunted CRP cover in a walk in area. Cover is mostly tall grass. Seen lots of deer & had 2 shot opportunities at does standing up in their bed roughly 2 hours apart.

First doe was a broad side shot that was taken with a heart lung shot placement. Suppose she coverd 80 yards before realizing she was done. Fair sized hole going in & a more substantial hole going out.

Second doe was facing me at just under 100 yards. All i could see was her head & a bit of her neck. Opted for the neck just below the head. She disappeared at the crack of the shot. When I walked over to find her, I seen she was standing in her bed as well. Vertebra seems to have been shattered.

Three deer to put in the freezer for the season so far. Not sure if ill go after a fourth or not. If so the tag will need to be filled by next weekend.
Stand corrected regarding all copper bullets & blood shot meat. The Heart lung shot deer did in fact realize a substantial degree of blood shot meat Sad
(11-10-2022, 01:14 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: First deer of the season taken with lead free projectile.
Now that's the way I like to hunt Elk. Congratulations!