Leverevolution & 95 SST is working
The brass I was using when I saw the velocity drop had been fired 4 and 5 times prior. I hope that does not happen when I start using the new brass, that would reduce the velocities down to almost 6.5 velocities.

I didn’t think that LVR was that temp sensitive, but could it have been the temperature. That ammunition sat outside about the same amount of time as the ladder ammo did and the temperature difference between the two days was only 9 degrees.
Trashy
O. Ok. I thought it might have been your new stuff.
I’ll put it up to, well .......... unknown variations.
Smile
I am experiencing the same deformation of the tips of both the Pro Hunter and the Hornady's! The bullets look really wrecked when I eject them. I don't get any of that with the other plastic tipped bullets I've tried. In addition to the deformation of the tips, I'm getting some strange, horizontal striations around the bullets with lead tips and I don't get they with the plastic tips. Don't know what's going on but it has me concerned about using the lead tipped bullets for hunting because all those marks and warps on the bullets could lead to a FTF at a critical time.
mikebin, are the horizontal marks like the ones pig popper got? see 2nd photo post #29 in this forum link. https://6mmarc.com/showthread.php?tid=60&page=2
(09-10-2020, 04:46 PM)grayfox Wrote: O. Ok. I thought it might have been your new stuff.
I’ll put it up to, well .......... unknown variations.
Smile

Grayfox, I offer my apologies if I offended you.  My intention was only to clear up my  unclear explanation in the previous post.  I appreciate all of the help.

(09-10-2020, 06:05 PM)mikebin Wrote: I am experiencing the same deformation of the tips of both the Pro Hunter and the Hornady's!  The bullets look really wrecked when I eject them.  I don't get any of that with the other plastic tipped bullets I've tried.  In addition to the deformation of the tips, I'm getting some strange, horizontal striations around the bullets with lead tips and I don't get they with the plastic tips.  Don't know what's going on but it has me concerned about using the lead tipped bullets for hunting because all those marks and warps on the bullets could lead to a FTF at a critical time.

Mike, I know I sound like a broken record but take a look at the 90 & 100 grain tipped game changers from Sierra.  You’ll get all of the performance of the prohunters and interlocks without the deformed lead tips which will effect accuracy.  YMMV but the 90 grain TGK’s shoot very well in my rifle, if the SST’s had not worked out so well for me the 90 TGK was my next choice.
Trashy
Trashy no worries, I’m doing fine didn’t think a bit of it at all.
I might some day get back to the 100 sierras...
what does everyone think about the tipped game changers as far as terminal performance? I read about it but am not sure. I have 90’s, even 130 in 6.5 , but there are stories about it not opening up. My hope is that it works fine in the 2800-2000 FPS range.
Nice accuracy in my 6.5 creed and 6mm creed... just not sure about terminal.
I shot 50 of the 100gn Sierra's Game Kings yesterday with out one issue.

Very accurate and was getting velocities in the high 2700, low 2800's.

25 rounds with 29.7gn Leverevolution and 25 with 30gn Leverevoulution.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I have shot both the 90 & 100 grain TGK’s but have not connected with meat yet. They get compared to the prohunter’s performance wise. The 120 grain prohunter has worked well on hogs out of one of my Grendels Out to 140 yards.

Have you considered the 90 gr eld-x? I have a box each of the 90 and 103 gr eld-x’s on order from midsouth that I am going to start working on when I get back from deer camp week after next.

If I get good results with the 90 grain eld-x it may replace the 95 gr SST as my go to in the ARC. A few more fps, a boat tail, no cannelure and giving up only 5 grains of weight what’s not to like about it. ?
Trashy
I have thought about the 90 eldx. For now I’m going to stick with ones I have on hand, but they are a potential choice for sure.