2022 Deer Hunt
My son (9 years old) and I were able to shoot two deer this season with the 6 ARC cartridge. An AR15 rifle with a 20" Faxon, fluted barrel with Maxim bolt. It is a very accurate setup with Hornady factory ELD-X loads using a Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15. I also used a Silencer Co Omega 300, with a seekins adj gas block.

He shot a doe at 120 yds, bullet destroyed the heart and exited. The doe took one step and fell. No bullet recovery. I shot a doe at 100 yards. The bullet hit the shoulder and exited the front chest cavity. The bullet destroyed meat and bone and punched through. The doe took around four steps and collapsed. No bullet recovery. We were sitting in a 10 foot stand looking out over a field with a tree line at 250 yds. The rifle is 2 for 2! 

It should be noted that this was my first hunt with an AR. I've shot a 270 Win for 30 years, and I really enjoyed the AR as the collapsible stock allowed us to share the rifle (with different LOP needs) minimizing the weight we carried in the field. Light weight, low recoil. I don't see myself going back to a 270 anytime soon.

This was my son's first hunt and the little 6mm delivered great results.

Blessings, 

BC
Bellycrawl, congratz to you & your son for a successful deer hunt. Got to be proud of your son!
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Congratulations on a neet hunting outing with your son & the 6mm ARC. If you have confidence in a rock steady shot going forward; I'm really liking the high Neck shot to minimize meat loss due to blood shot yuck. YMMV