New Question CZ 527
Cleaned out the throat as per Pac-nor now no problem.

Did what CZ527 said in the other post , fixed mag feeding problem.  

But in the mean time I sent a fired brass to Copper Creek and got an OAL gauge and a 103ELD-X Bullet

Factory 103eld-x shows 2.24 on my caliper and the gauge measures my chamber at 2.26

Is that good , bad , or ?

and just to make sure of the hunt had my eyes checked (BAD) new glasses will be here in 10 days and cataract surgery is maybe 5 years away according to the Doc.
(12-08-2022, 10:43 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote: Cleaned out the throat as per Pac-nor now no problem.

But in the mean time I sent a fired brass to Copper Creek and got an OAL gauge and a 103ELD-X Bullet

Factory 103eld-x shows 2.24 on my caliper and the gauge measures my chamber at 2.26

and just to make sure of the hunt had my eyes checked (BAD) new glasses will be here in 10 days and cataract surgery is maybe 5 years away according to the Doc.

Not sure I am clear on what your gauge amounts to. Have a link? Guessing You are measuring to the lands? 

If I understand correctly you may be jumping .02" to the lands.(bullet would advance .020" before engaging the lands. If this is the case that would be about right.
(12-08-2022, 11:56 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 10:43 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote: Cleaned out the throat as per Pac-nor now no problem.

Not sure I am clear on what your gauge amounts to. Have a link? Guessing You are measuring to the lands? 

If I understand correctly you may be jumping .02" to the lands.(bullet would advance .020" before engaging the lands. If this is the case that would be about right.
Yes that is what I was asking about with everything else going on I ended up getting the gauge and having a modified case done out of curiosity . 
Now everything works smooth but I am waiting for new glasses before shooting again. I could not believe from last year to now how much my eyes had changed, with my 6.5 that is already sighted in I had no problems but I was shooting at an area. Trying to sight in and wanting to be exact I could not see well enough to feel confident in what I was doing
That does sound like a short throat to me, but as CZ says a 0.020 jump will shoot.
My 6Arcs have, as per OAL gage, 2.301, 2.313, and 2,320 for the Eldx.
So yours is a tight chamber, imo.
this will likely cause a need to shorten other bullets like Bergers (maybe not the VLD's), 90 Eldx, 105 Bthp (think Hornady Black 105) so they will not jam into lands.

On the eyes, I can tell you what a huge difference getting the cataract surgery done did for me being able to see -- the clarity you regain is truly awe-inspiring.
If I were in your shoes I would seek another opinion from an opthamologist that specializes in cataracts; I did and they could tell I needed it like, now. Took me about a year to arrive at that conclusion, however (due to the bad advice I got from the first Dr) and about same age as you at the time...
If you truly are a year away, ok, just sayin' that when you get the new lens implants you will be amazed at how much better it is, and why you waited so long!

Another thought, you're quoting only to the 0.01 on the caliper... do you have one that goes to 0.0005? A digital one like Frankford doesn't cost much but gives you much better, much finer accuracy. goes to 0.001 with a 0.005 available on it as well (the "5" is a smaller size so it's reading between the 0.001's but not to the 0.0001, if you know what I mean).
(12-09-2022, 04:20 AM)grayfox Wrote: That does sound like a short throat to me, but as CZ says a 0.020 jump will shoot.
My 6Arcs have, as per OAL gage, 2.301, 2.313, and 2,320 for the Eldx.
So yours is a tight chamber, imo.
this will likely cause a need to shorten other bullets like Bergers (maybe not the VLD's), 90 Eldx, 105 Bthp (think Hornady Black 105) so they will not jam into lands.

On the eyes, I can tell you what a huge difference getting the cataract surgery done did for me being able to see -- the clarity you regain is truly awe-inspiring.
If I were in your shoes I would seek another opinion from an opthamologist that specializes in cataracts; I did and they could tell I needed it like, now.  Took me about a year to arrive at that conclusion, however (due to the bad advice I got from the first Dr) and about same age as you at the time...
If you truly are a year away, ok, just sayin' that when  you get the new lens implants you will be amazed at how much better it is, and why you waited so long!

Another thought, you're quoting only to the 0.01 on the caliper... do you have one that goes to 0.0005?  A digital one like Frankford doesn't cost much but gives you much better, much finer accuracy. goes to 0.001 with a 0.005 available on it as well (the "5" is a smaller size so it's reading between the 0.001's but not to the 0.0001, if you know what I mean).
Thanks for the advice. I'll check with another on the eyes and yes I bought the caliper I have to check a few things on my boat, I should get better for this.
I assume using the OAL gauge is specific to the bullet. I got this gauge  from Copper Creek and a Hornady 103 ELD-X bullet to use with it. I would guess that switching to another brand or size of bullet I would take a new measurement for seating and OAL with that bullet
I looked on Midway at the Frankfort . Has the same star rating as some others.But some negative reviews. I guess anything will have some. 
Did you mention Frankford for cost vs quality  or is it something you would use. 
At this point in the process I think I want better rather than good enough . 

Thanks again

And another question . If you were building another 6arc bolt gun what action would you start with ? This is almost contagious  Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Good to hear you are taking Grayfox's advice on the 2nd opinion to heart.

Personally Howa is the only other action Id look at building a 6mm ARC on. With deeper pockets There may be other Actions that make sense at some level.
I would do it based on the uintah upper.
I've had mixed results with howa, sometimes good, sometimes no so much.
Latest example is my howa Blk won't ignite the #41 primers, factory stuff yes, and 450's yes, but #41's -- too many non-fires.

I think my howa grendel has the same problem, mostly I use 450's or the Fed 205's but have couple of bricks of 41's also.
I don't want finicky rifles.
I might sell the howa 300 blk, I have a new cmmg barrel in AR and it's working out great so far.

I've been using my frankford digital caliper for, what, 5-6 years now - bought from Amazon, $25 bucks I think or so.
I have a manual backup for when the end-times power gets shut off (lol!!!) but have a bunch of little batteries, but for this long it's been workng great.

My "frankie" quality wise has ben fine, nothing to complain about.
Has the honored place on my bench.
(12-09-2022, 08:28 PM)grayfox Wrote: I would do it based on the uintah upper.
I've had mixed results with howa, sometimes good, sometimes no so much.
Latest example is my howa Blk won't ignite the #41 primers, factory stuff yes, and 450's yes, but #41's -- too many non-fires.

I think my howa grendel has the same problem, mostly I use 450's or the Fed 205's but have couple of bricks of 41's also.
I don't want finicky rifles.
I might sell the howa 300 blk, I have a new cmmg barrel in AR and it's working out great so far.

I've been using my frankford digital caliper for, what, 5-6 years now - bought from Amazon, $25 bucks I think or so.
I have a manual backup for when the end-times power gets shut off (lol!!!) but have a bunch of little batteries, but for this long it's been workng great.

My "frankie" quality wise has ben fine, nothing to complain about.
Has the honored place on my bench.
Thanks for the advice , while cost is a factor in buying for me it's not the main one for items I will keep for years to come. I have a set on order now. 
I know it's not cost efficient but I am keeping an eye out for another CZ527. Given what's out there I may pickup another one just in case. They are no longer made so who knows, they do seem to have a following .
I took a look at the uintah looks like a really nice setup but I am more at home with a classic rifle stock for my use