New Here
hi

just ordered my first 6Arc.

now on the hunt for some VERY hard to find factory brass.
Welcome to the forum English ...  I bought my first 6 ARC back in Sept. 2020. I have never seen new, unfired brass since then. No component sources (local or online) I know of, have ever had it in stock. Only Hornady, supposedly, is making 6 ARC brass as a reloading component. So far, after over two years, it is still unobtainable. Good luck searching for it.

You might have to do what some other 6 ARC owners have done, resize 6.5 Grendel brass to 6 ARC. I have 300 Lapua & 200 Starline Grendel brass reformed to 6 ARC. These reformed cases should probably be fire-formed & resized again before loading for accuracy in your rifle. Lapua stopped making Grendel brass, so Starline is a good option. Nosler makes Grendel brass but they are EXPENNNSIVE! Rolleyes  You'd think they must be gold-plated.

Another way to get brass is to buy Hornady 6 ARC ammo. I have over a 1000 rounds of mixed varieties: 108gr ELD-M, 105gr HPBT Black, 103gr ELD-X & 106gr TAP. I'd buy them a few boxes-at-a-time as they became available online.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Welcome E.R.

As for the hunt for brass, start with hunting something easier. Unicorns come readily to mind!

Old Bob is spot on. Resize Grendel or buy factory and shoot it. The factory stuff is actually quite good, at least in my rifles.
Thanks for the replies.
I should have added some important info.
i do plan on sizing Grendel Brass and already have some.
The reason i was looking for some factory hornady, I live in the uk and before my Gunsmith can legally sell me a new rifle / chambered barrel, they have to be "proofed" at the proof house and the new factory brass is what would be best to supply to them, so they can load there HOT loads for testing / proofing.
There is 0 brass and 0 loaded 6arc here.
i am visting Florida in Feb so will "try" to find something.
Spoke to Hornady, and they said ALL new brass will first go to produce loaded ammo, once that demand has been satisfied then they may sell some brass on its own..
Thanks for adding me. New to the 6mm ARC. Just built a new AR with Ballistics Advantage 16" 1:7 Premium Series barrel and an Aero Precision upper and BCG. I used an appropriate PSA Let's Go-15 lower.

My shooting is limited to a short, indoor range at the moment. I shoot as a means to spend time with my son, and I load whatever we shoot, with factory ammo usually providing the source brass, Since 6mm brass is fairly rare, I converted 150 pieces of Nosler 6.5 Grendel blem brass that I was fortunate to obtain. Thus far it's worked out quite nicely.
“Draw me not without reason, sheath me not without honor.”
Welcome markr, and good on you for taking the kid shooting!
(01-12-2023, 08:08 AM)English Rifleman Wrote: hi

just ordered my first 6Arc.

now on the hunt for some VERY hard to find factory brass.

Welcome Englishman;

I have lived in Texas for 44 years, but grew up 23 years in Europe. Never been to England except for Heathrow and Gatwick... and Gibraltar. I dont think it counts!!

The brass issue is solved if you convert AK brass or Grendel brass to 6 ARC.

And I assume that you are no longer in England... I think your gun laws there are pretty strict... Arent they?   But you tell me.

Take care, and again welcome. Gene.
Since the origination of this thread, Starline has had 6mm ARC brass for sale & some outlets like MIdway USA have had in in-stock as well. Look on Ammo-Seek. There's 6 ARC brass available at Midway & Arm or Ally.

https://ammoseek.com/reloading/brass/6mm-arc/Starline

At Starline it is in "Back Order" status currently. Sometimes when it's in back order you can go ahead & order some & you'll get it in a couple of weeks or sometimes quicker than that.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/6mm-arc-brass
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Cheapest Starline brass I have found is buying direct:

https://www.starlinebrass.com/6mm-arc-brass! Welcome to the forum!