6mm arc build
I am an Australian building a 6mm arc on a Ruger 77 mk2 22 PPC was going with
6mm PPC untill my local gunsmith friend got a 6 arc reamer. any thing PPC in Aust
is very expensive dies brass ammo.my plan is to use the 6 arc as a varmint rifle with bullets in the 70g -90g range , as i have a 6.5 Grendel & plenty of brass i will
start with re forming that. the barrel is a Shillen 1-9 twist as i have no interest in heaver bullets. have Hornady dies & Lee dies & 2 boxes of Hornady factory ammo
brass is on back order. It will take about 6 -8 weeks for me to have re barrel done.
Welcome to the forum!
And good luck on the build, keep us posted.
How long is the barrel.
I did a few cases of 6.5 to 6Arc to see how it went, couple of other guys have converted more than I did.
I got a trimmer that goes onto my drill, trim them then resize down to 6 Arc, chamfer.
Welcome to the forum!

Suspect your barrel will be threaded for a Moderator? What barrel length did you settle on?

Only down side to the 1 in 9 twist barrel in your case is factory ammo is not likely to shoot well. Would not be surprised if the longer factory bullets currently available shoot so poor that you may wish to pull those bullets & move on to shorter OAL bullet options.
Not sure if you have access to the PPU 100 grain bullets. If you do these should be short enough that they would still shoot well from the 1 in 9 twist barrel. Over on this side of the pond Powder valley is one of our suppliers for the PPU bullets.
(01-20-2023, 12:40 PM)grayfox Wrote: Welcome to the forum!
And good luck on the build, keep us posted.
How long is the barrel.
I did a few cases of 6.5 to 6Arc to see how it went, couple of other guys have converted more than I did.
I got a trimmer that goes onto my drill, trim them then resize down to 6 Arc, chamfer.
I have a Lyman drill powered trimmer for that job 6Arc brass is all sold out in Aust.
the bbl is 23 inch.

(01-20-2023, 06:33 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

Suspect your barrel will be threaded for a Moderator? What barrel length did you settle on?

Only down side to the 1 in 9 twist barrel in your case is factory ammo is not likely to shoot well. Would not be surprised if the longer factory bullets currently available shoot so poor that you may wish to pull those bullets & move on to shorter OAL bullet options.
Not sure if you have access to the PPU 100 grain bullets. If you do these should be short enough that they would still shoot well from the 1 in 9 twist barrel. Over on this side of the pond Powder valley is one of our suppliers for the PPU bullets.
I understand that factory ammo may not stableise i a 1-9 twist, i brought them for the brass Have plenty of 6 mm bullets on hand as i shoot a 243 Win & 240
Weatherby Sound moderators are not allowed in this Left wing Woke run Country.