Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open up the Calibers other than 6-ARC section
Can you open up the section for other calibers

I’m taking a break from 6-ARC until the dust settles with barrels, ammo, and load data ...

Unfortunately, based on the Hornady load data for 6mm PPC errr I mean ARC - it is going to be up to the users of the calibers to define what loads are optimal from a velocity , accuracy , and equipment longevity standpoint.  There is some reason that Hornady diluted the load data - it’ll eventually show up in the brass life or bolt durability...

So while y’all do the ARC - I have components inbound for a 6mm Grendel - 20” that will be using LAPUA brass , Maxim bolt, and it should give a good cross reference between 6-PPC / ARC and full strength 6mmAR / Grendel.

Whatcha think ?
I think it's the cartridge that Hornady should have SAAMI'ed in the first place. Go for it!
Yes, the forum needs a place for us, "The island of misfit toys". The 6.5 Grendel forum has a folder for 6.5 Grendel based wildcats that could be our home. My 1-7 twist 6mm PPC Rap is a misfit so I'm not certain where the best place to post results to that would be useful for others. Oh, wait! there is the Firearms other that 6mm ARC discussion folder here on this forum. I could be the first one to post there.
EDIT: I see what you mean by open up. It says there are currently no child forum available when I click on the Other than 6mm arc. That I take to mean sub-forums, not ones for little kids.
Yup - we need to be able to house new/current 6mmAR , 243 LBC , 6mm a grendel and 6ppc info on this board.

It now relates more directly to 6-ARC versus 6.5 Grendel.

It’ll be a good resource here once it is opened up for posting .......
Have expanded the section "Cartridges Other Than 6mmARC" per suggestions.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Pig Popper LIKED this post
Talk about fast customer service, Thanks Krystofilus! Can you move my 6mm PPC 1-7 twist thread in the bolt action 6 ARC section to the new opened Other folder?