24" heavy barrel.
Guy's,
Building a heavy barrel 6mm ARC AR-15.  I have used Shilen barrels in the past with good results.  Any other recommendations?
Personal experience preferred.
Kind regards
pavementends
I have a Precision Firearms barrel on my AR 6mm ARC. It's an excellent barrel but it's 20" long. Not sure he makes a longer 6mm ARC barrel but you could ask.

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/m8/6MM...html?qty=1
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Compass Lake will do a Varmint Bartlein or Kreiger up to 24" while Craddock will do a Bartlein up to 26". Both will do up to 0.936" gas blocks so they can be as heavy as they can be. I will do one down the road to replace the Grendel barrel on a precision build, but waiting until either Lapua starts making Grendel brass again or another high end brass maker gets into the Grendel or ARC game.
#FJB
Thanks guys
pavementends
I have a 24" barreled upper on order from Sanders Armory.  Should be here most anytime and ready for testing
Bartlein 26" +2 fluted from Craddock. Still doing load development. getting .65-.75 with Hornady ammo and .45-.55 with early handholds. Had a few .3ish but not consistent yet. Once I get hand loads where I want I will further tune with EC Tuner.
(03-04-2023, 02:59 AM)topclass2017 Wrote: I have a 24" barreled upper on order from Sanders Armory.  Should be here most anytime and ready for testing

finally got my upper out for break-in using factory Hornady ammo (white box).  FWIW, I ran a cleaning patch down the bore after each of the first 5 rounds, then after every 5th until 25 total, then every 10th until session was over.  First 10 rounds or so experienced some extraction issues, but as the day wore on the issues went away. Not real impressed with the ammo, even considering the barrel was new.  Towards the end of my shooting session (100 rounds to generate brass), groups were +/- 2" at 100 yards.  I expect handloads to improve group size.

This is my 3rd upper from Sanders Armory.  Build quality on all is excellent and customer service is outstanding.
I’m moving into the world of bolt actions. Starting with MPA matrix pro 6.5 creedmoor with switch barrel option. Next barrel will be a 6 mm arc but first will need to sell my AR15 6 mm arc upper to finance barrel and bolt. upper listed in classified section.

This upper shoots .5 if you do your part and with good reload development even better.
Abuout 18 months ago I bought a complete Aero Precision 24" upper on a whim that was on sale. Has the 24" heavy SS barrel. I shot some 105gr Hornady Black through it and it was not happy. Then shot some 108gr ELD-M and was much better. The ran my 105gr Nosler RDF hand loads in it and dropped into about .68" 5 shot group. I don't shoot it much and haven't really done any load development for it. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the barrel did shoot. It is heavy as a truck tire though!