Building a 6ARC from a Ruger #1 ?
With my CZ527 it was easy, 7.62x39 bolt and mags were interchangeable . 

Now I'm thinking of a Ruger #1 . Can I just pick up any #1 and barrel swap or does it have to be a specific cal. to have the correct ejector and or whatever is in a #1 ?

Just letting my mind go wild  Angel
The extractor part of the ejection system probably will need to match the head size/rim of your 6mm ARC brass. As an example, I once re-barreled a 45-70 Remington rolling block black powder cartridge rifle to 40-70 Sharps. The 45-70 extractor would not extract the slightly smaller 40-70 cartridge. Fortunately, I was able to find a couple of extractors. The Rolling block ejection is different from the the Ruger #1 but the idea remains the same, removing spent or unfired cartriges from your rifle. The ejector/extractor needs to match the head/rim of the case.

Ruger did make a #1 in 7.62x39 but only 200 to 300 of them so they're gonna be hard to find. You might call or write to Ruger & ask them, if by chance, the might have a 7.62x39 extractor still in stock.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(01-30-2023, 06:44 PM)Old Bob Wrote: The extractor part of the ejection system probably will need to match the head size/rim of your 6mm ARC brass. As an example, I once re-barreled a 45-70 Remington rolling block black powder cartridge rifle to 40-70 Sharps. The 45-70 extractor would not extract the slightly smaller 40-70 cartridge. Fortunately, I was able to find a couple of extractors. The Rolling block ejection is different from the the Ruger #1 but the idea remains the same, removing spent or unfired cartriges from your rifle. The ejector/extractor needs to match the head/rim of the case.

Ruger did make a #1 in 7.62x39 but only 200 to 300 of them so they're gonna be hard to find. You might call or write to Ruger & ask them, if by chance, the might have a 7.62x39 extractor still in stock.
I took a chance and bought an older Ruger #1 7mm mag, case size is different but I'm going to see what it would take to make a 6 arc or a 6.5 CM out of it. Should be able to get a lot of barrel and still stay really short and somewhat light with that rifle.  Big Grin So far I have yet to need more than 1 round per deer and it looks like it would be just as easy to load one than work a bolt.
Probably be easier to find a .223 ejector and modify it.
pavementends
(02-03-2023, 06:41 PM)pavementends Wrote: Probably be easier to find a .223 ejector and modify it.
pavementends
That's true. I currently have an email in to Ruger asking what is the best way to proceed .