Black Hills 6mm ARC ammunition
Has anyone tried this in the Howa Mini? 

Black Hills 6mm ARC

Thanks Darryle
NRA Endowed Patriot Life Member
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Found this is available at a few sellers. Had to change shorts after seeing pricing.
So this is a 103gr ELDx round.
Specs say 2600fps from "18 inch bbl.
If anyone gets a box of this id be interested to know the measurements of the ammo.
Especially the base to shoulder and Cartridge Base to Ogive measurements.
A look at the brass to see head stamp and the type / weight of the powder charge.
I saw some on Ammo Seek ... $49.95/box at two different vendors. Not curious enough to buy some at that price.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I wonder who makes the brass for Black Hills?

The 18" velocity peaked my curiosity, because I have seen the factory Hornady has been reported to be close or slightly faster out of a 18" bolt gun.

Considering ordering a box or two to see what the 22" Howa produces velocity wise.
NRA Endowed Patriot Life Member
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
I got 2650 fps from the Hornady 103 ELD-X out of my 18” Odin barrel on my AR. And sub moa at 100.

I’ll stick with the Hornady stuff. I wish BH gave a different bullet option.
Yes, Id think if BH went into an offering that they had no current competition they may realize better sales. 90 grain CX or a Hammer offering, comes to mind for me with a standard load & a plus P for bolt guns.

Looks like they are offering velocities above any gas gun load data which would suggest they are allowed access to a propellant not currently available to you & I.
I m beginning to believe that a high BC90-95 grain bullet might be the sweet spot for the ARC. Should give 100-125 fps more than 103-105 grain bullets.

We do need more manufacturers and bullet options; especially for non-reloaders.
(05-01-2023, 03:18 AM)Fmuguira Wrote: I m beginning to believe that a high BC90-95 grain bullet might be the sweet spot for the ARC. Should give 100-125 fps more than 103-105 grain bullets.

We do need more manufacturers and bullet options; especially for non-reloaders.
Exactly!

I’d love to see a 85-95 grain LRX (or equivalent) load.