Howa mini 6mm ARC available now!
Update on Howa barreled action progress. I am satisfied with the Stocky's VG carbon fiber stock. The JO hinged floor plate has been installed.

The install of the JO floor plate required more tweaking than anticipated. Dremmil tool was my friend on this one. Turned out a considerable amount of material needed to be removed from stock on one side of the front & rear trigger guard clearance holes through the stock. seems to be fine now.

Dawned on me last night that I could polish up the bolt face with a retired spent case. placed the case in a cordless drill, applied a bit of polishing compound to the base of the case. With the case charged with the polishing compound, Firm pressure was applied with the base of the case in the bolt face. This pushed back the ejector. proceeded to run the drill forward & revers to polish up the bolt face. Ten minutes after first applying pressure the task was showing real promise.

Cleaned up the polishing compound as best I could as well as the rest of the bolt. re-applied lube & look forward to putting her to the test soon.

Today was soon enough. Managed to get out to the range today & run her through the motions. Again was just pushing some inexpensive bulk bullets down the tube to evaluate function and feeding from the JO flush hinged trigger guard system. Happy to report I am satisfied thus far with the JO hinged floor plate.

As for the bolt face, that worked out well also. No longer chewing up brass once the bolt was polished up properly. Think it is about time I start working up a accuracy load for this rifle.
Hey CZ guy, That was a great idea for polishing the bolt face. I'll try that when I have time. I received my Jefferson Outdoors hinged floor plate. It required some minor filling on the magazine insert. Was a just a might to long. It loads 3 rounds easily but the 4th is really hard to get in. Looks great and feeds smooth. Hope to see if it changes anything. I did notice the old floor plate was cracked at the screw hole back by the pistol grip. I must have tightened it to much.
7.62 x 39 or 6.5 grendel cartridge will do as well as a 6mm arc for this purpose. I actually used Lapua 6.5 grendel brass for the polishing of the bolt face.
Well I had to try the JO Howa Mini-CZ Bottom Metal & glad I did. Showed up today, should be no surprise that CZ527 guy likes the Howa Mini-CZ Bottom Metal. Suppose what I am saying Is this is likely a personal preference thing. Hinged floor plate has its place & is executed well also.

In the grand scheme of things I doubt many are sitting on extra 6.5 grendel mags. if that is your case the Howa Mini-CZ Bottom Metal will not be for you. In my case this is the best Howa mini bottom metal option I have seen yet.
Beginning to develop some deer and antelope loads for my Howe Mini 6ARC. Using LVR for best velocity and getting 3/4" 3 shot groups with 100 grain Speer Boat tail bullets. I am near max, so will not post the load, but it averages 2799 fps out of my 20" barrel. Should be good to 300 yds or slightly more for Antelope and Deer. The Speer 85 grain Boat Tail is designed to perform well on deer sized gaime. I've shot Antelope with it in a 243 Win., with good results. My 6ARC drives it slightly over 2900 FPS, so may use it on Antelope again, if I ever draw another rifle tag.
I've added a flush fitting aluminum floor plate and am happy with it. Can't remember the manufacturer, but it ran $175.00 and has a floor plate that opens to unload the magazine.
Availability seems to have dried up in rather quick fashion.
(09-04-2023, 12:28 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Availability seems to have dried up in rather quick fashion.

Brownells has Howa mini 6mm ARC Barreled actions in stock. 22" barrels only ...

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifl...=430102217

Full rifles are pretty scarce. I've seen Grendels available but no 6 ARC.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
From my perspective I view the Howa Mini 6mm ARC among the best entry level bolt action rifles currently offered for this caliber.

Happy to see the Brownells 22" offering at least. Hope this is a sign that more rifles will be available soon as well. Hope others are able to get there hands on a rifle to try.

Would love to see another company jump in & offer some competition in the mini action arena with the 6mm ARC chambering.
Looks like Carbon fiber 22" models are showing up now. Expect more options will be hitting the shelves soon enough.