New 6mm ARC brass supply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls5PEHI5kF8
And there is much rejoicing!
Cool! I wonder when they'll actually be available.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Probably around the same time primers trickle down from Expansion Industries, well after they fulfill the big contracts in place before production even begins.

Despite all the damage control reassurances from various component manufacturers, reloading always takes last place to ammo production.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
Sweet. Is it "mid 2023" yet?
#FJB
Looking at price & availability of there current offerings, I am not sure what to think about what seems to be good news here.
(03-21-2023, 09:20 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Looking at price & availability of there current offerings, I am not sure what to think about what seems to be good news here.

Yep, it may end up being a tease for those of us without influence and/or money.
I am still watching, hoping for Starline offering in 6mm ARC.
(03-23-2023, 12:51 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: I am still watching, hoping for Starline offering

Starline said that a year ago. I hope that Peterson is faster!
(03-25-2023, 10:06 PM)alwie Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 12:51 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: I am still watching, hoping for Starline offering

Starline said that a year ago. I hope that Peterson is faster!

I called Hornady about this time last year about cases when I was trying to scrape together enough components. The rather annoyed sounding woman said it would be 6-9 months as they were putting everything into ammo manufacturing.

.........(insert crickets here)........

Even better, I found a guy selling 200 new Starline 6.5Gr cases and not even price gouging. Have added to that since and now something over 300 new Starline cases that I haven't touched yet.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
These cases may be available before Starline ever fills my backorder for Grendel Basic Brass. Either way, good news on the horizon. Another manufacturer joining the party helps to validate the cartridge..not that any one here is seeking validation.
“Draw me not without reason, sheath me not without honor.”
Why would you wish to mess with the Grendel basic brass? Or more to the point why not start off with 6.5 mm Grendel brass for forming the 6mm ARC brass?
(03-27-2023, 09:40 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Why would you wish to mess with the Grendel basic brass? Or more to the point why not start off with 6.5 mm Grendel brass for forming the 6mm ARC brass?
Thanks for the softball question. I can hit that one out of the park. 
#1: Have had zero success finding 6.5 Grendel brass since my initial order of 150 new Nosler 6.5 Grendel Blems last June. Never found a blem, but I believe it was trimmed a bit short for 6.5 Grendel, perfect for 6mm ARC.

#2: It was available for Backorder...my last backorder for 6.8 Rem SPC was filled 4 days after order. Very much delayed this time. In reality, when Starline can't fill a backorder in 30 days, they give you a do-over. They don't charge CC on order, but on ship. No CC re-confirmation - no ship.

#3: Never been formed, so it's perfect for forming into whatever caliber you want for that case head...7.62x39, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6mm Grendel and etc.

#4: No headstamp...no way to confuse with converted 6.5 Grendel cases

#5: I have everything needed to take a blank case and produce a 6mm ARC case, as well as a whitepaper from Starline on how to do it right.
Keep us posted.

look forward to photos.
Thanks for the info on the new brass source.
Rex
Early to mid 2023, What will that work out like in reality?
Starline 6.5 Grendel brass again open for backorders. I placed mine yesterday. It looks like my Grendel Basic plans will fall through. The Grendel Basic never did ship...and it's priced 42% higher than fully formed 6.5 Grendel.
(04-21-2023, 03:49 PM)markr6754 Wrote: Starline 6.5 Grendel brass again open for backorders. I placed mine yesterday. It looks like my Grendel Basic plans will fall through. The Grendel Basic never did ship...and it's priced 42% higher than fully formed 6.5 Grendel.

Again: with Starline, open for backorders indicates item is presently in stock.

Will probably
 be sold out  in a few hours, so jump on it if you need it. Price & quality is quite attractive in todays market.
BTW, druid hill also has starline grendel in stock as of now, 30-ish bags x100 ea, for $60/100, not too shabby.
Buy direct from starline is another option in terms of pricing. Starline site is misleading. When it shows Backordered. Currently avaiable for order though will not last long. That it is it won't last long & though you can add to your cart. 250 pc minimum may be less than desirable for some I suppose. 200 pc Maximum order size.

56.40 per 100 free shipping

480.00 per 1000 free shipping

https://www.starlinebrass.com/store/checkout/shipping/