MDT SCS for AR15
Received my MDT SCS stock knowing that the buffer tube would be too short, couldn’t use the charging handle nor the carbine buffer/spring without a spacer,  to function correctly on my AR15 6mm ARC rifle.  So, I used a rifle length tube which produced the same length of pull as the MagPul PRS  Gen3.  Plus I can now use the charging handle and carbine (with spacer) or rifle length buffer/spring.  Currently using JP Silent Captured Spring.   Now I’m  happy. But wait, the cheek piece is way too high even with high scope rings (1.5”).  Bummer.  Now what?  All kinds of thoughts about modifying cheek assembly to no avail.  Came up with a simple fix.  Remove the cheek piece, flip the assembly, replace the check piece.  Now the cheek piece is low enough and can be adjusted to my desired hight.  If I ever need more hight just have to reverse back to stock configuration.  All of this works for me but YMMV.  If MDT wants to sell the SCS specifically for the AR15 platform then I would suggest a rifle length buffer tube with castle nut attachment, cut the plastic check piece down from 5” to 4.25” and make sure the adjustable cheek piece assembly can move down low enough to accommodate sight alignment.  

The SCS isn’t designed for the AR15 .  The buffer tube would need to be machined to accept rife length buffer and spring  and include a 2.7” spacer to accommodate the carbine buffer and spring.  As mentioned the rifle length tube providers the same length of pull as the Magpul PRS (14 to 15 “ ish). You could make the tube slightly shorter to give a pull length of 13.5 to 14.5.   I did have to install the end plate to secure the rear takedown pin spring.  Doing that with the standard rifle length tube (not castle nut secured) makes using the buffer retainer and spring impossible but since I'm using the JP captured spring it's not necessary.  I have a pistol length tube which is about 3/4 shorter but the tube is thicket so needs to be turned down to 1.11".  Plan on doing that in the near future. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting.
I've been using the MBA-3 with a carbine buffer tube, or the PRS lite with said carbine buffer tube. PRS lite is a few oz lighter than the MBA-3, but both work very well for me.
Yours is the new design on the block though...!
And vertical handgrip, yesss. Like that angle also.
Love this stock. To me so much better that the MagPul Gen 3 PRS. YMMV
I resolved the buffer tube problem by using a standard file length buffer tube with no end plate. I used a 4-40 tap in the takedown pin spring hole and then used a set screw (4-40x1/8) to secure the spring. I did cut off the appropriated amount of spring to maintain the standard spring pressure.

Cheers

Philip