Iosso bore cleaner?
Gents,
If I missed a previous thread on this I apologize.  Looking for some advice on Iosso bore cleaner...Depending on who you talk too, it's been mentioned that this cleaner is the only "paste-type" cleaner that can be used at every cleaning.  When I say "every cleaning" I'm mentioning within reason, say after every 50-100 rounds fired.  

Does anyone use it sooner than that and more often?  If so, how are your results? My concern is that I grew up being told that all paste type cleaners were "abrasive" type cleaners and were not to be used as often and certainly not at every cleaning.  However, I have heard recently from many (including the company) that it is ok to use Iosso at every cleaning because it's not an abrasive cleaner like JB bore paste or others.  

Thoughts?
Never used the Iosso, the JB paste I use is non embedding. But that paste, I use only once if at all, on new barrels (rack grade) to smooth down the interior. Like a ruger predator, or savage axis. The Lilja, Criterion, Precision barrels (uintah) don't use that stuff, they are clean already.
For cleaning I use MPro-7 bore gel, or now it's MPro-7 spray, the gel is becoming hard to find. Sometimes a little bore foam, the MPro spray and bore foam are both water based. There is a CLP type spray (Mossy oak) that has some oil to it also, I tried that once but gummed up my actions during a cool rainy-wet type of day. So not again.
For the water based make sure you get it all out, I finish up with some oil and dry patches.
A decent barrel won't need anything scrubby after break in.
(06-18-2023, 11:08 PM)grayfox Wrote: Never used the Iosso, the JB paste I use is non embedding.  But that paste, I use only once if at all, on new barrels (rack grade) to smooth down the interior. Like a ruger predator, or savage axis.  The Lilja, Criterion, Precision barrels (uintah) don't use that stuff, they are clean already.
For cleaning I use MPro-7 bore gel, or now it's MPro-7 spray, the gel is becoming hard to find.  Sometimes a little bore foam, the MPro spray and bore foam are both water based.  There is a CLP type spray (Mossy oak) that has some oil to it also, I tried that once but gummed up my actions during a cool rainy-wet type of day.  So not again.
For the water based make sure you get it all out, I finish up with some oil and dry patches.
A decent barrel won't need anything scrubby after break in.
Was thinking of trying JB as well.  I have been using Boretech products for years, thinking it was getting the barrels really clean...that is until i got a borescope!  What prompted me to try Iosso was the fact that I finally ran into the infamous carbon ring of death on a 6.5 CM.  Pressures started developing, bolt closing and opening issues, etc...  I bought a borescope and discovered the carbon ring problem.  Tried everything to get it out, to include soaking with "well known" products and still didn't get it out.  Finally tried the Iosso and within 15 minutes of using Kroil and a nylon brush was able to clean almost all of it out.  

I must say, it is impresseive stuff.  I'm just wondering if it truly is safe to use after every cleaning like the company advertises.