Annealing brass
I have done a fair bit of tight AZZ annealing over the years & was really wishing to to go top of the line induction annealer. A automated flame annealer was in the end my choice. I have grown to learn a a fair amount about brass annealing along the way. Recently came across the video below.

This chap does a super job of conveying the majority goals of the process in a well put together fashion like I have not seen B4. Thought this may be worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0YmmeEJK4
(06-19-2023, 11:21 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: I have done a fair bit of tight AZZ annealing over the years & was really wishing to to go top of the line induction annealer. A automated flame annealer was in the end my choice. I have grown to learn a a fair amount about brass annealing along the way. Recently came across the video below.

This chap does a super job of conveying the majority goals of the process in a well put together fashion like I have not seen B4. Thought this may be worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0YmmeEJK4

I really liked that video.
When I saw all the wire spools next to his desk, I figured out he was probably an electronics kind of guy.
Well I went with one of the middle lower end of the road paths & acquired a Ugly anealer in the last week. Put 200 pieces of 6mm ARC brass through this system this weekend. Happy to report she lived up to my hopes & expectations. Annealing now will be a quick & easy process for me going forward. Thinking Ill anneal after every firing going from here on out.

Time will tell how ill like this system in the future. For now I am very optimistic. One thing that is getting changed very soon is the mount location of the cartridge insert holder. On the smaller Arc cases this needed to be removed in order to move the torch forward like needed to be to focus the tip of the flame on the shoulder juncture. may make up another torch holder bracket as well to facilitate getting the focus back a bit more.

Emagin ill learn a few more tricks as I go.

This takes what used to be a bit of a dreaded process & moves it up to a reliable quick process as long as I do my part.