Hammer Hunter 101gr
Has anyone used this bullet ?   Checking my chamber I think I can load this but it says 1-7 twist and I have 1-7.5 twist would it work. I am thinking about buying the 15 pack just to play with. 

I'm sitting around the house waiting for my heart to fix itself with nothing to do. My mind is going in all sorts of directions

Thanks
Try the JBM ballistics website, under stability calculator. Plug in the numbers and see what it says.
Might give you an idea.
If you don't want to use 103 eldx, those berger 95/105 vld hunters might be a choice. Come to think of it the way bergers are supposed to operate, with the "explosion in the innerds...", maybe not the best choice for avoiding lead in the meat around POI...
For mono's however not much available at the 100 gr range...
Hammers are loved by some and hated by others. Don't know if I would spring for them personally. videos and chats on the web.
(07-10-2023, 03:57 PM)grayfox Wrote: Try the JBM ballistics website, under stability calculator.  Plug in the numbers and see what it says.
Might give you an idea.
If you don't want to use 103 eldx, those berger 95/105 vld hunters might be a choice.  Come to think of it the way bergers are supposed to operate, with the "explosion in the innerds...", maybe not the best choice for avoiding lead in the meat around POI...
For mono's however not much available at the 100 gr range...
Hammers are loved by some and hated by others.  Don't know if I would spring for them personally.  videos and chats on the web.
CZ had posted about the 87gr Hammer and in looking at that I saw the 101 gr. Did a little looking and if I can fit in my chamber I think they would give me about what the 103eldx does but without lead.
Since they have a buy 15 to check it out deal I thought I would maybe give it a try if my rifle will stabilize it.

Thanks I'll look at the JBM website