6 arc 24 inch barrel riffle length gas system?
Just like the title says would a 24 inch barrel with a stock rifle length gas system be a mistake?  Not a plus 1 or 2.  Would be exclusive for competition.....
You should be able to get it to work if you have an AGB and spend the time to tweak it once you find a load. I get both a 16" ARC and an 18" 243 LBC (basically a 6mm Grendel) to work with MLGS's. The unavoidable downside is extra stress on the extractor and can vouch that breaking an extractor in a match can ruin your day.
#FJB
The greater majority of if it will work depends on the gas port size.

I've a McGowen 20" rifle length gas port and opted for the .082 thinking it would be more than sufficient. However, as it turns out after exhausting all options including a below standard power spring, I had to drill it out to .100 that they recommend for AGB users.

Now I have a standard H buffer, Springco standard power spring, a Aero AGB that is open 8-10 clicks from the 30 or so available.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
As already mentioned. It absolutely will be fine. I have a 22" X-Caliber with rifle length gas, drilled out for adjustable gas block use, SA adjustable gas block and running a standard weight rifle buffer and a Super 42 RL spring. I have had no function issues as of yet. Factory ammo ran great with the factory setting on Gb. Had to open up 4-5 clicks for brake in hand loads. So far that's all I have been doing with it. Will be working up loads from here on out.