Hunting vs Target opinion needed
I hunt and normally range shoot just to zero. But have started shooting more at the range as I get older. In Hunting I use a 2x7 or a 3x9 scope as they give me the largest  field of view for acquiring my target against wooded background but recognize that my exact point of aim is more by instinct than seeing a 1" spot on the deer.

My question is 
with these scopes should I expect different grouping ability or should I be able to maintain the same group size with all at 100 yds

I'll be honest with my 2x7 FOV on low 43.8' I am able to see better but group size is bigger than using a friends 4x12 at the range. 

I see guys on YouTube getting very small group size but see also that they are using a scope that would not be viable in Alabama shooting on stand at 30 yds or so

I don't want to excuse bad aim but at the same time want to be realistic with expected grouping

second thought I was thinking of picking up a 4x12 scope and mounting with the quick release scope mounts, once it is sighted in does it return to zero after removing or is that just sells pitch ?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Hunting vs Target opinion needed - by Bassfish1952 - 05-27-2023, 12:04 PM
RE: Hunting vs Target opinion needed - by Old Bob - 05-27-2023, 05:39 PM
RE: Hunting vs Target opinion needed - by Old Bob - 05-28-2023, 09:20 AM
RE: Hunting vs Target opinion needed - by grayfox - 05-28-2023, 11:17 AM