Berger 109 LR Hybrid and Lapua Scenar 105’s
BD1, Thanks for that posting. I just acquired some Scenar 105 to test out of my 22" Savage bolt. I also have now a lb of Varget but I will be testing these with A2460 powder as that is what I have been working with along with the Hornady 105 Match.

Here is the latest work up of that combo. The circled shots were sighters.    
(05-04-2024, 02:11 PM)KMW1954 Wrote: BD1, Thanks for that posting. I just acquired some Scenar 105 to test out of my 22" Savage bolt. I also have now a lb of Varget but I will be testing these with A2460 powder as that is what I have been working with along with the Hornady 105 Match.

Here is the latest work up of that combo. The circled shots were sighters.
My barrel is also 22" so the velocities would be relevant.
BD1 Your velocities are much better than mine. I ended up switching to LVR for more velocity. The sd’s have been decent as well.

I was having issues with fliers that I narrowed down to the 4th and/or 5th round when loading a 10 round elander with 5 rounds. To test I loaded 7 rounds for my 5 round groups. The fliers went away. I now have some more magazines to test so I can park the elanders.

I also pushed the 109’s a little harder with Varget. I am going to test the new levels for accuracy today if I decide to brave the rain.

Good luck.
I had to make a trip down to the coast on Thursday. I managed to find a lb of LVR on the shelf on the way home. Hoping to try it tomorrow, The temp sensitivity is not really an issue for me in a dedicated target rifle as we get 5 sighters at the start of every match. First match is next Saturday. I have some work to do before then Smile I may be going into it without a seating depth ladder.
The Scenar’s aren’t very jump sensitive. I start at .02 off and have only had to adjust for one caliber. At 1,000 they are sub moa. I haven’t tried LVR under the 109’s. If you do I’ll be interested in how it works.

FWIW, I have heard from a number of people that have loaded with LVR that its temp issues are not that drastic. As it warms here I’ll be watching for any shifts and adjust accordingly.
First group of the day was the best. Last group would have beat it but I think I’m having magazine issues. I need to do some testing to see if I can isolate the flier.

[Image: image_cropper_18D8D757-087C-4AA3-8918-07-3206441.JPG][Image: image_cropper_05F7AA91-72B3-4E8B-A9DF-2D-3206442.JPG]

That last round blew a .446 moa group up.