Uintah Precision
(07-18-2021, 10:06 PM)Long Range Gage Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:12 PM)Dino11 Wrote: ^^^^ WHAT HE SAID ^^^^

Your not going to break the bolt, the kit consist of the ejector and spring and the extractor and ball detent and spring, and all the pins that hold it together, and a new firing pin. You will not be able to source it any where else.

All I see on the website is a lower parts kit.

(10-03-2022, 01:04 PM)gorillamotors Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 09:12 AM)Dino11 Wrote: I have loaded mine to 2.690 with the Barnes 112's, and some 115 as well but I forget how far off the lands I was, would have to check my notes. But I believe it was .060, but I have a very early prduction SS barrel. I still had problems with the early 105 Hornady bullets from the first couple batches they produced.

If you load yours to 2.690 then what magazine do you use? Or do you single feed every shot?

Sorry about that... should have read 2.290, it was early and I was half asleep.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
[/quote]Sorry about that... should have read 2.290, it was early and I was half asleep.[/quote]

Then you are about 150 thousands off the lands. I try to be somewhere from 10-60 thousands off the lands.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
Went down to the loading room and got my notes, so this info is accurate.

All measurements are CBTO

Using a comperator the difference between the Berger 109, 112, 115.

These bullets are very similar in design, so close the the difference measuring to the lands is only .002, with the 109 being the longest to the olgive.

Chamber measurement
The 115 was..2.400 OAL to the lands.  Loaded OAL 2.294     loaded CBTO 1.763
The 112 was..2.400 OAL to the lands.  Loaded OAL 2.294     loaded CBTO 1.769
The 109 was..2.402 OAL to the lands.  Loaded OAL 2.296     loaded CBTO 1.783

Keep in mind these are secant design bullets, secant style bullets like to make a long jump. They do not do well loaded .010-.060 off the lands, they like .060 or more. I believe you can find this info on the Berger website. And this is my findings as well during my load development.

You will be hard pressed getting a short jump out of them loaded to mag length.
Your best bet is loading to CBTO and then making adjustment to get them to fit the mag then measuring the CBTO and noting it for future use.

Now these are my findings with my barrel, yours may be different, and you should always use CBTO to load your rounds for accuracy. Of the three bullets I tested the 109's shot the best groups out to 600, but beyond 600 the 112 and 115 did very well. I shoot the mile range with the 115 only for the windage benefit, but I believe all three could perform at the long range.

Here is a very helpful link for you.

https://bergerbullets.com/vld-making-shoot/
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Thanks for that info. I have not done any accuracy testing yet just did some fire forming (and plinking). Boy that 6ARC is fun to shoot. I have a 6.5 creedmoor and a 338 Lapua Magnum being done right now from GA Precision.

I just got off the phone with Barnes Bullets. He said that the 112 is a secant design and that most secant designs don't care about how far off the lands the are. Just not touching the lands.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
I have to add to my previous post that I have one of the first barrels that Uintah sent out the door. Hornady sent them the wrong reamers and my barrel was cut with it. The chamber on it is a little on the tight side, this is why my rifle only jumps these bullets around .100. But the same ammo shot out of one of my other rifles shoots just as well. So the numbers do correlate from rifle to rifle, your just not going to obtain the same numbers that I do with regards to how far your jump will be. If I was going to have a custom barrel spun up I would use the same numbers that my current barrel is cut to, this one is super accurate.