Uintah Precision
Been waiting for an upper from CMMG for 7 months with no response from them. Saw Uintah had 7 in stock the other day and cancelled my order with CMMG and placed one with UP. The website said I had to get one with a carbon fiber wrapped barrel. Anyone have experience with carbon fiber wraps from Preferred Barrel?
I have one of their rifles and was not even aware they offered a carbon fiber wrapped barrel. So I can not give you a review of that particular barrel.

But I did send out my barrel and bolt assembly and had them Nitrided after break in. I also swapped out the trigger for a Hyper Fire 2 stage. I can attest that if you get a good shooter you will be very happy with it, mine easily shoots sub MOA all day long with out putting fourth much effort. And folks at the range are going to want to handle and shoot your new fangled bolt action AR.

Order yourself a spare bolt rebuild kit with it, the bolt parts are proprietary and you can only get them from Uintah.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(07-18-2021, 09:56 AM)Dino11 Wrote: I have one of their rifles and was not even aware they offered a carbon fiber wrapped barrel. So I can not give you a review of that particular barrel.

But I did send out my barrel and bolt assembly and had them Nitrided after break in. I also swapped out the trigger for a Hyper Fire 2 stage. I can attest that if you get a good shooter you will be very happy with it, mine easily shoots sub MOA all day long with out putting fourth much effort. And folks at the range are going to want to handle and shoot your new fangled bolt action AR.

Order yourself a spare bolt rebuild kit with it, the bolt parts are proprietary and you can only get them from Uintah.

OK, little bit concerned now.  Why would I need a spare bolt rebuild kit?
I can't say for sure, as I don't own a Unitah, but I imagine it's more about just having one to have one. As Dino said, they are proprietary and you can only get them from them. I seriously doubt it's a quality issue, Unitah is top shelf, yet not infallible. It's possible to break a bolt on anything but they are easily sourced....in most cases.

Better to have and not need.....than need and not have kind of thing. Could even go so far as to say two is one, one is none if you shoot a lot or load hot.
^^^^ WHAT HE SAID ^^^^

Your not going to break the bolt, the kit consist of the ejector and spring and the extractor and ball detent and spring, and all the pins that hold it together, and a new firing pin. You will not be able to source it any where else.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(07-18-2021, 07:12 PM)Dino11 Wrote: ^^^^ WHAT HE SAID ^^^^

Your not going to break the bolt, the kit consist of the ejector and spring and the extractor and ball detent and spring, and all the pins that hold it together, and a new firing pin. You will not be able to source it any where else.

All I see on the website is a lower parts kit.
They don't list it on their website, but they do sell them. They are 35.00 plus shipping. I told him to order one so it could ship with his rifle and save the additional ship cost. They charged me 10.00 to ship something they could have put in an envelope and shipped for a buck.
(07-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Dino11 Wrote: They don't list it on their website, but they do sell them. They are 35.00 plus shipping. I told him to order one so it could ship with his rifle and save the additional ship cost. They charged me 10.00 to ship something they could have put in an envelope and shipped for a buck.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll call tomorrow.
(07-18-2021, 04:49 AM)Long Range Gage Wrote: Been waiting for an upper from CMMG for 7 months with no response from them.  Saw Uintah had 7 in stock the other day and cancelled my order with CMMG and placed one with UP.  The website said I had to get one with a carbon fiber wrapped barrel.  Anyone have experience with carbon fiber wraps from Preferred Barrel?

Bummer, UP sent me an email and said the CF barrel for free was a mistake.  I guess we'll never know.
I am looking at buying one in 6ARC. For those that own one do you really like or wish that you had a dedicated rifle in 6ARC?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
I definitely like. And it is a dedicated 6Arc rifle.

Thinking of getting another barrel from them, in another caliber to expand for an existing shooter.
Just ordered a Uintah 6 ARC upper with a 24" carbon fiber barrel. Can't wait to shoot it now. For those that bought a Uintah 6 ARC upper are there certain mags that perform better than others and those that don't work at all?
I have ASC, E-Lander, A2, Duramag magazines and they all work well in the rifle.

All mine are Grendel mags, but ASC makes a dedicated mag. I can,t tell any difference in them from the Grendel, but that is only looking at pictures of them.

Get the metal mags so you can load the ammo at a longer length.
I have duramag and ASC's, but for all my 6Arc mags I took my dremel and lowered the front lip-edge of the mags, so nothing would hang up on them during cartridge feed. I had some feed issues, not many, but after I did that - no more problems.
grayfox can you post a photo of your converted mag.
    Here is a pic of how I lowered the front lip.  From my calipers it looks to be about 0.120 or so total depth, or about 1/8" or a touch less, that's about double what it is originally.  These are duramags.  I sketched it out via pencil on the front so I had a "line" to go down to.

I might also add, dis-assemble the mag, taking out the innards and spring. Then re-assemble after you're done. Allows you to clean out any filings as well, that way.
Thanks Grayfox
I have a Uintah 24" carbon fiber 6 ARC upper . I fire formed about 100 converted Lapua 6.5 grendel brass cases about 2 months ago. I finally had the time to perform some BTO measurements for Barnes 112gn, Sierra 90gn, and Hornady 87gn bullets. They were Sierra 90 at 1.695" with a COAL of 2.372", the Hornady 87 at 1.728" with a COAL of 2.247", and the Barnes 112 at 1.725" with a COAL of 2.449". The problem is that the largest magazine bullet COAL would be 2.300". For the Barnes 112gn this means that the bullet will start at 149 thousands off the lands to be able to be magazine fed or it has to be single shot fed. Does anyone else who owns one have this problem? Uintah said that they SAAMI specd the chamber distance.
I have loaded mine to 2.690 with the Barnes 112's, and some 115 as well but I forget how far off the lands I was, would have to check my notes. But I believe it was .060, but I have a very early prduction SS barrel. I still had problems with the early 105 Hornady bullets from the first couple batches they produced.
(10-03-2022, 09:12 AM)Dino11 Wrote: I have loaded mine to 2.690 with the Barnes 112's, and some 115 as well but I forget how far off the lands I was, would have to check my notes. But I believe it was .060, but I have a very early prduction SS barrel. I still had problems with the early 105 Hornady bullets from the first couple batches they produced.

If you load yours to 2.690 then what magazine do you use? Or do you single feed every shot?