105 Hornady HPBT in stock
Skyrep, the above was in my 6x45 at a COAL of 2.31" which was the max I could do at mag length. In my Lilja ARC chamber, there is about .001-.002" of bearing surface in the neck with the Berger 65s at the lands. I didn't bother measuring the COAL when I saw that. So if they were to be seated with 0.1" of (the .202") bearing surface in the neck, the jump would be 0.1". Seat it deeper, more jump. Seat it closer, an even more tenuous grip. If you try, I'd try the X-Caliber first - the Monster barrel has the deeper throat so the jump will be longer at any given seating depth.
StoneHedge,
thanks - I'll do some measurements tonight and get some loaded for this weekend. will let you know how they turn out.
Closure on the 95 gr TMK:

So I retired my 6.5G a month or 2 ago. I had 100 pieces of primed 6x Hornady Grendel brass, 110 pulled SMKs, and a pound of Varget in a solo lot (different lot than my recently opened keg). What to do with the brass? Apply a bit of RCBS gel lube with a cotton swab, neck it down to 6mm, drop in 28.2 grains of Varget, top it off with a pulled SMK and practice away!

Shot 50 of them last week in a relatively calm day and they worked just fine. Not quite as accurate as my match load, but they were pulls (collet puller), a different powder lot and there was likely a bit of lube residue inside the necks. Nonetheless, they worked well enough. Shot the other 50 today. Was quite breezy - probably 10-15 mph but at my back swinging from 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock. Not really enough vector to throw holds to far off the target,but windy nonetheless. And the bullets were all over the place while working on an 8"at 550 with a well defined berm behind it. Miss left and adjust and the next would be way off in the other direction. A number of them sailed high - like a foot high! I think 2 of 10 were hits. Moved over to an 8" at 440 and they were virtually all spot on. Truly bizarre. When the wind is blowing (direction doesn't matter), they start crapping out somewhere around 500. I probably never noticed it in matches at around 500 since the targets are bigger, but then by the time they get to 600, it's anything goes if the wind is blowing. I wonder if it has difficulty pointing down past the apex since some initially sail high. Or maybe they just get unstable for some like the 168 gr SMK - I've seen them shot 1k, but they were always inconsistent for me past 400.

It's moot since my sealed box of 500 has already been sold at a price that made both the buyer and myself happy (Sierra hasn't made any since last summer).

And since the title of the thread is about Hornady 105 HPBTs, those have also of course been sold (most at a very fair price). They were my last ever purchase of a Hornady component.