Eagle Eye Shooting Review
(05-29-2021, 12:38 AM)grayfox Wrote: That article in accurate shooter (weren't you the one that posted that on 65Grrr?) said that, instead of "chasing lands" ie the 0.000-0.020 off the lands, you get more consistent (although maybe not THE smallest group) by seating most at !0.060-0.080 off.  Dino I think also is seating his at 60 off, I have switched to ~that in a couple of loads and do believe it's helping me as well.  Now I'm not the dead-on shooter that some are, but this 60-off-ish seems to have some actual engineering and precision-shooter behind it.
Disclaimer I have not tuned in to this latest u-tubby veeedeeeo myself...

I darn sure would listen more to the guys on here and 65Grendel, rather than this unknown tuber.

Like I said on Eagles YT comments, I'm recovering from a rare cancerous tumor surgery but in a month or so I'll head to the range and confirm or deny my PROOFs ability to shoot .625 groups consistently.
(05-29-2021, 12:38 AM)grayfox Wrote: That article in accurate shooter (weren't you the one that posted that on 65Grrr?) said that, instead of "chasing lands" ie the 0.000-0.020 off the lands, you get more consistent (although maybe not THE smallest group) by seating most at !0.060-0.080 off.  Dino I think also is seating his at 60 off, I have switched to ~that in a couple of loads and do believe it's helping me as well.  Now I'm not the dead-on shooter that some are, but this 60-off-ish seems to have some actual engineering and precision-shooter behind it.

I darn sure would listen more to the guys on here and 65Grendel, rather than this unknown tuber.
I loaded some Hornady 105's yesterday @.030 off the lands as an experiment for my bolt gun. Lets see what happens.

The reason I used those was I can load them close to the lands and still get them in a magazine. The Nosler's are to damn skinny to do that.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(05-29-2021, 11:04 AM)Dino11 Wrote:

I loaded some Hornady 105's yesterday @.030 off the lands as an experiment for my bolt gun. Lets see what happens.

The reason I used those was I can load them close to the lands and still get them in a magazine. The Nosler's are to damn skinny to do that.

Great, waiting for results Smile
Thanks Dan - I saw that! He certainly is easily triggered. Since it was flushed out that he is here in the Phoenix area and he talks a PRS game, I let him know in another comment thread that I don't see anyone named Kenny in the PRS SW Division registry nor in the local club (AZLRPRS) 2020 or 2021 standings. I haven't heard from him since! I need to watch some his videos again and see if there are any good pictures of his truck. Since he's all about "proof", I'm tempted to post that he should prove his barrel isn't capable of sub MOA by having (see options below) shoot it with ammo of their choice.

Options:
A) Someone who knows how to shoot a gas gun
B) Someone who might be a little bit more proficient with a gas gun
C) Someone without an agenda

I personally like B.

This would appear to be where he is a "manufacturer" https://www.eagleeyeammo.com/eagle-eye-custom-rifles/

The Berger 105 Hybrid also appears to be a really bad choice for the ARC. The nose is extremely long - especially in relation to it's bc. The nose on the Berger 109 LR Hybrid is actually quite a bit shorter as is the 105 RDF which has a better bc than the Berger 105.
(05-29-2021, 06:59 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Thanks Dan - I saw that! He certainly is easily triggered. Since it was flushed out that he is here in the Phoenix area and he talks a PRS game, I let him know in another comment thread that I don't see anyone named Kenny in the PRS SW Division registry nor in the local club (AZLRPRS) 2020 or 2021 standings. I haven't heard from him since! I need to watch some his videos again and see if there are any good pictures of his truck. Since he's all about "proof", I'm tempted to post that he should prove his barrel isn't capable of sub MOA by having (see options below) shoot it with ammo of their choice.

Options:

I personally like B.

This would appear to be where he is a "manufacturer" https://www.eagleeyeammo.com/eagle-eye-custom-rifles/

The Berger 105 Hybrid also appears to be a really bad choice for the ARC. The nose is extremely long - especially in relation to it's bc. The nose on the Berger 109 LR Hybrid is actually quite a bit shorter as is the 105 RDF which has a better bc than the Berger 105.

I with you on all that, His comparison with barrel and ammo choice is well...

I know I have one gas gun that is capable of shooting sub .5 MOA 5 shot groups. and the other ones I have will shoot sub MOA easily more like .75 MOA without much effort.

I lucked out , my son bought me some of the ever elusive Berger 109 LRHPBT bullets, he found them at Grafs and got me a couple hundred, he made the order at 1 AM. I tried to order some more the next morning around 7 AM and they were already sold out. I said to him you should have woke me up when you found them, he said dad you were sleeping. Next time I think he will wake me.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(05-29-2021, 06:59 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Thanks Dan - I saw that! He certainly is easily triggered. Since it was flushed out that he is here in the Phoenix area and he talks a PRS game, I let him know in another comment thread that I don't see anyone named Kenny in the PRS SW Division registry nor in the local club (AZLRPRS) 2020 or 2021 standings. I haven't heard from him since! I need to watch some his videos again and see if there are any good pictures of his truck. Since he's all about "proof", I'm tempted to post that he should prove his barrel isn't capable of sub MOA by having (see options below) shoot it with ammo of their choice.

Options:

I personally like B.

I'm gonna go B AND C, since he plainly stated he's going to 'fix' the ARC in the AR platform with his own barrels...
OTH I did appreciate and accept his prayers for my recovery, so there's that Smile
I don't think this eagle eye guy is as much of an "expert" as he thinks he is.

Of course he's going to have issues getting results.
He lacks expedience loading for a semi auto.

I've watched Johnny from Johnny's reloading bench load and shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds in several cartridges in AR style rifles.

I can't even begin to count how many of those loads produced sub moa groups in all kinds of weather with various powders, and bullets, and primer combinations.

Good to hear that barrel life is good, but I'm not going to be relying on this eagle eye guy to gain info on what to do to make a rifle shoot its best.
Dan, I have no copyright on the above so feel free to use it I'd you'd like. I have bigger fish to fry after I saw him state that that ARC at 2500 is no better than 223. Quite absurd since my 105s at 2450 out of my 16" have 30% less wind drift at 700 yards than a 77 at 2700 (which would be a hot load out of a 20" .223) and stay supersonic past 1100 vs 875. I've got a real world verifiable competition example, but need to think of how to properly phrase without the influence of rum and a Kristoff Corojo Limitada Matador. Maybe we can tag team trigger him!
(05-30-2021, 05:55 AM)StoneHendge Wrote: Dan, I have no copyright on the above so feel free to use it I'd you'd like. I have bigger fish to fry after I saw him state that that ARC at 2500 is no better than 223. Quite absurd since my 105s at 2450 out of my 16" have 30% less wind drift at 700 yards than a 77 at 2700 (which would be a hot load out of a 20" .223) and stay supersonic past 1100 vs 875. I've got a real world verifiable competition example, but need to think of how to properly phrase without the influence of rum and a Kristoff Corojo Limitada Matador. Maybe we can tag team trigger him!
HA!, I'm not spending any more time than I need to with him. I promised some .625 or better groups so when I'm able to shoot 100% I'll deliver those Smile
He's back!  https://youtu.be/OC2E2IkXAC0

I'm going to lay off since it sounds like I'll be running into him one of these days. Maybe someone else out there can suggest he have his son wear eye protection while shooting an overcharge of ball powder when it's 105 degrees. As he says, safety first.
#FJB
OMG that guy is full of himself. I could point out so many errors in his videos it would be a novel. Using a hornady #400 headspace adapter for resizing grendel to ARC. One of the latest AR barrels he made he commented that a #41 drill bit was the perfect size to drill the gas port. I cringed thinking of the burrs inside the barrel. Here's a quote from an earlier 6 ARC video " Best load found today:
Hornady 108gr ELD
25 thousandths off jam. 2.363" OAL
WTF!! No wonder he thinks the ARC has to much freebore. Who chambered that barrel and with what reamer? Is this how he chambers ARs?
I wouldn't have this guy build me a slingshot, but I guess he has X-Ring fooled or he's shilling for a relative.