6mm ARC & Monolithic's
How long do you suppose the 6mm ARC will be waiting on a factory monolithic load?

I intend to hunt Whitetail deer this fall with the 6mmARC in a bolt action & am heavily considering loading an 80 gr GMX for this purpose. Expect to start load development next week.

Personally I would not consider using the 80 gr GMX at lower velocities experienced with 16" and shorter barrels.
Seems to me that we need to get over the Covid-19 drag effect before the entire supply chain gets back to normal.
I have a feeling it will be a longer wait than you’d like, due to the current state of affairs.
A short barrel would definitely have less useable range with a GMX. 2000fps is the bottom of their operating window for 80 & 90 grain GMX. Their current reloading book shows bolt gun muzzle velocity in the 3000-3100 range for both projectiles with a 24” barrel. That should make a fine deer round.
Picked up a couple boxes of Barnes 85 grain TSX a while back when they were about the only thing on the shelf at Cabela’s. At some point, I’ll see about working up a load if my barrel likes them.
Ive been shooting 85 grain federal fusion copper hp pulls from American reloading, they are good for about an moa. Just got them for blasting ammo.
(07-13-2021, 11:26 PM)Bologna Wrote: Ive been shooting 85 grain federal fusion copper hp pulls from American reloading, they are good for about an moa.  Just got them for blasting ammo.

Bologna, mind if I ask what propellant you have tried with the pulled Federal 85 gr Fusion copper Hp projectiles?

I have not shot those yet, though I did acquire 500 to give a go. Id expect those to do fairly well on saving fur.
Leverevolution, I'll post my load when I get home tonight
85 grain pulled solid copper fusion hp
29.5 gr leverevolution
Oal 2.188

In a monster 20 in barrel
Has anyone tried Cutting Edge monolithic bullets?

https://cuttingedgebullets.com/shop/cutt...caliber=58
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
There is a little bit about them in this article

https://www.handloadermagazine.com/6mm-arc
Made it out trying out 80 gr GMX at 2620 fps on water jugs, 50 yards down range this evening. The attached photo provides a bit insight of performance at the 2620 muzzle velocity.

Attached Files Image(s)

The velocity was intentionally reduced with this test to reflect what may be close to a worse case scenario in terms of bullet expansion. we will see how accuracy and pressure work out with velocities closer to 3000 fps.

Photos are proving my ineptness w technology.    

1st two jugs just exploded which I expect may reflect what hydrostatic shock the game animal being dispatched may experience. I have no reservations with this kind of performance.
Happen to have any updates or usage one animal? Look at the same bullet for hunting.
No experience here on game. I opted to go more traditional last fall. The expense of the Monolithics deter there use for me simply due to the fact I am not comfortable with the cost at the practice range. I do like to shoot more than average for sure & the monolithic just don't pencil out at the target range.

On game I do prefer to hunt with a bullet I have extensive experience with. I do anticipate a factory Monolithic out to market by this fall in the 6mm ARC based on a recent Hornady podcast. In the bolt action & longer ranges I am leaning towards the 90 gr CX that is just hitting the market now.
Feel you on the cost of practice, I have a variety to keep cost down...and reload. I don't mind a barrel cleaning and switch back to monos for hunting season. I saw the 90 CX and 95gr LRX, which I think would be options for hunting if the COL doesn't make them too long for a gas gun and the velocity is there. Already have a bolt 243 so no since in getting a bolt 6ARC for me. Factory offering would be nice, haven't listened to their last discussion on the 6ARC yet. Wish some other manufactures would pick it up too.
(04-03-2022, 08:14 PM)Tad_07 Wrote: Wish some other manufactures would pick it up too.

Have been thinking It can't be too long. Though until they are more able to fulfill their existing line up, Suppose we will be waiting for new offerings.
I’ll be as happy as can be when Barnes comes out with a 6ARC-velocity specific bullet and load with their TTSX. Or Hornady with their CX bullet for 6ARC velocities.
I expect the Hornady load is already out there with the GMX data. Suppose a guy may or may not be able to up the velocity / powder charge a smidge. in any case we will need to work up our loads in our given rifles. Otherwise I expect little or no major change., expect the heat shield tip is the more significant change. perhaps I am assuming too much.

I to will be interested if load data for the CX bullets changes much from the GMX offerings.

Find it interesting that the new .243 dia 90 gr. CX bullet BC is listed at .418 whereas the 90 GR GMX was listed with a BC of .422, Essentially the same though a step back from what I am seeing.

No not the same as we will see a significant price jump for the heat shield tip.
Expect you will find this charming video does an extraordinary job of proving the utility of Monolithics in the 6mm ARC in this case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSJgAXlES4

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102062...99#reviews
Cute video. "I shot him with my Six-Awk!"
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Thoughts on the 90 gr Nosler E-tip at 6mm ARC velocitys?