Nosler 115gr RDF
Dino, what sort of velocity did you get vs. 105 & 109 in the same barrel and what is length & twist?

CZ, I'd love to see a thread with some positive results with the 18¢ Prvi's.
#FJB
These are 10 shot adv,

109 Berger 30.5g LVR
2880.3 Max 2910

105 Nosler RDF 30.4 g LVR
2868.1 Max 2887

These are just random picks from many that I have from the same day.

Gun was my Uintah bolt action 22" barrel. I took it to a point where adding more grains of powder actually dropped off in speed for both bullets. I picked these two because the SD was pretty decent. I am going to retest these groups when I process some new brass and after I get it fire formed. Some of my brass I have now is on it's last firing. Some of it has been loaded 14 times and I am loosing the primmer pockets. I have 1000 pieces of Starline Grendel to do.

The 109 Bergers were actually faster then the 105 Noslers, I think they were a little more efficient with less drag. those suckers are slender.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(04-22-2022, 11:49 AM)Dino11 Wrote: These are 10 shot adv,

109 Berger 30.5g LVR
2880.3  Max  2910

105 Nosler RDF 30.4 g LVR
2868.1  Max  2887

These are just random picks from many that I have from the same day.

Gun was my Uintah bolt action 22" barrel. I took it to a point where adding more grains of powder actually dropped off in speed for both bullets. I picked these two because the SD was pretty decent. I am going to retest these groups when I process some new brass and after I get it fire formed. Some of my brass I have now is on it's last firing. Some of it has been loaded 14 times and I am loosing the primmer pockets. I have 1000 pieces of Starline Grendel to do.

The 109 Bergers were actually faster then the 105 Noslers, I think they were a little more efficient with less drag. those suckers are slender.

What was the velocity of the 115s and was there any bc degredation with the 7.5 twist?
#FJB
(04-22-2022, 03:46 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: What was the velocity of the 115s and was there any bc degredation with the 7.5 twist?
Unfortunately I don't have those numbers, I only made up 10 rounds to take with me that day.
And I forgot to reset the chrono before I shot that group.It was not my plan to work up that load that day, I just wanted to see if they would cycle and fit the chamber and fire without any issues. The group was sub MOA, I do remember that. And they were loaded on the light side just in case their was going to be any pressure signs. There was no degradation, nice round holes inside of an inch, and that's right out of the box load no work up. They did shoot low from POA but I did not re zero the scope. Nice little group about 2" low.

I will tell you that the 109's perform beyond my expectations. Those suckers scream, and with their profile and high BC they cut through any cross wind and carry their velocity further down the range. This was the reason we used them to shoot the mile. Maybe that's why the call them Long Range Hybrid Targets. Absolutely the best bullet I have used to date. The problem is they are almost impossible to find, so are the 115's. I was buying all I could when I found them, even had a couple of my friends order some for me because their was a purchase limit.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Surprised No others recalled prior to me. Load data from April of 21 in an 18" Endeavor Gas Gun. Looks like 2400 fps was a sweet spot in that gun.

https://www.handloadermagazine.com/6mm-arc
Brown truck dropped off a SPS order today w the 115 gr arrows. I mean long & sexy booolets. Been itching to give the .243 115 gr RDF  projectiles a try over IMR 8208. Initial load of 26.2 gr at the 2.260 length in the bolt action CZ 527. Accuracy With the Magneto speed attached came in at under .7" for a 3 shot group. Average velocity was 2612 FPS from my Pacnor 22" barrel.

Removed the magneto speed & groups opened up to nearly 2 MOA.GRRR  Still cold & windy here. May be a while before I get out & put these through a serious work up.
If the SD is low for a 4-5 shot group, try adjusting the OAL length... even on a node the OAL makes a difference on group size.